Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luminous
May 19, 2004

Girls
Games
Gains

Captain Schlork posted:

How come the only bugs I've been encountering for a long while now have been minor issues with zoning? Everything else works fine.

There are technically some bugs around, but honestly, the game is pretty drat stable now. Hope that doesn't break with the new engine.

Also, re: towers > are we back in a swing where clan is now taking the high tower sites and tara, or is it still the lowend sites only (<ql 210 tower sites)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous
May 19, 2004

Girls
Games
Gains
Well, Means is a great guy to be the lead, since he was like, THE main guy doing dev it seemed. At any rate, if you read the update on the new engine, he mentions they are extending it to models, etc. This is a good thing.

Plus they aren't rushing it out the door just to appease fans.

And yes, I have pretty good confidence in FC to release a fairly bug free patch these days, even a huge one such as a new engine. They aren't perfect, but they have changed their ways on a lot of things. With Means, and previously Sil, in the driver's seat, you can know that there are genuine people leading that care about AO going on a good path.

I'll probably use the 30 days free gametime for this holiday season, we'll see.

Luminous
May 19, 2004

Girls
Games
Gains

Naturally Selected posted:

Also, I just have a bit of hate left for Sil from the before when he would pretty much bow to soldiers/shades whining about not being godlike enough and keep nerfing agents because they had one good attack (aimed shot).

I won't argue about any soldier or shade love, because I think soldiers have been overpowered for a long time. Shades definitely needed the love.

But seriously, you are complaining about agent nerfs? SERIOUSLY? Agents are a great PvP class, especially 1 vs 1. Any complaints about aimed shot are basically all true - it is an incredibly broken attack. I am not saying agents don't need love either - they have some serious problems, especially if you're yellow or less to somebody. But agents have a huge toolset, and if you think they only have one good attack, you need to pvp more.

Luminous
May 19, 2004

Girls
Games
Gains

socialsecurity posted:

You can get the dog at lvl 100 in the Adonis garden, but is strictly for shadowlands owners.

More importantly, the dog will surf on the back of your normal robot when you are in the water :D

Luminous
May 19, 2004

Girls
Games
Gains

EDGECRUSHER posted:

I know they've been talking about it for ages, and what I've heard on HC (this is RK1) is anyone who tries and "break out" to do anything in Pande without HC's approval will get banned.

That, and yeah the Tara thing is loving stupid. The RL will go on and on about who one bot has nothing to do with the other, but then they'll loving delay Tara while defending some loving org's 200 fields, or delay starting a Pande raid because Clanners keep playing hide and go gently caress yourself with towers.

Overall, like I said, I hate not having a chance to get jack and poo poo for my fixer because all the endgame poo poo is brooded over by a bunch of loving sycophantic weasels.

Moving against either raidbot will get you banned from the raidbots, yeah. There have been some hilarious drama cases from that.

Haha, whichever raid leaders are telling you that poo poo must be new. Towers have always had precedence over raids. It may be annoying, but the reasoning for it is sound, although it may be harder to fathom if you do not actually own towers or care about pvp.

That said, you are exactly like one of those sycophantic weasels, except that you apparently haven't gotten anything. You are still placing your desire above other people's desires, and so, are really no better than them. It would be nice if the community raid bot scene would die off, as it does create an unnatural time sink...but there in is the point - with enough time, anybody can have anything. Just that people want it "right now" which is what prompted the inclusion of FFA week, etc. You can't have it both ways. If you believe you should be able to get your gear "right now" then form a group instead of grinding raid points. Give it a shot during FFA. You cannot have both aspects - that is, you cannot rely on others to do the heavy lifting but expect to be the one that gets paid.

The raid bot scene is quite a beast to deal with :(

Luminous
May 19, 2004

Girls
Games
Gains

User posted:

Every time I want to get back into this game I find it really difficult. The bad graphics I can handle, but the font gets rendered in a way that makes my eyes bleed. Is there any way to change that? Some kind of UI mod maybe that replaces it with something readable? Maybe it's just my system, or anti-aliasing or something, but I hate it.

You can change the font, size, and colors. No, I don't have the information handy. However, I believe the information is fairly available (or at least searchable) in the knowledge base sub-forum of the official forums.

Luminous
May 19, 2004

Girls
Games
Gains

-Troika- posted:

Got a Stygian Desolator equipped on my keeper (at around level 36 or so). This ought to last me for almost a hundred levels.

It does fine in the early stages of SL. But the SL creatures quickly gain high armor that you will always hit for min damage. The stygian is not renowned for its min damage. You'll want to trade to the frost scythe and then the FBR (or alien/ofab).

But the stygian does look hot!

Luminous
May 19, 2004

Girls
Games
Gains
Wow, that is completely stupid.

Tip, Funcom: not everything needs to be an attempt to balance the economy.

Mail is NOT that desirable, especially when it is significantly less efficient than a trade and has a timeout that makes it almost useless. And then of course the delivery times, haha.

Luminous
May 19, 2004

Girls
Games
Gains
totw is train on the way.

Luminous
May 19, 2004

Girls
Games
Gains

Gearhead posted:

I never minded the idea of Shadowlands. It just has such critical under use of the space. Vast stretches of space with worthless mobs nobody kills, faction mobs which are a pain in the rear end to kill. And then hecklers, which the entire player base fought over.

This is true of RK as well, though. But, in my opinion, this is a good thing. I wish more games actually felt large. Every inch of the world doesn't need to have something. But every inch of the world should be used to the effect of making it actually feel like a world. And they succeeded with that, both in RK and SL.

Luminous
May 19, 2004

Girls
Games
Gains

Nosthula posted:

When I came back to the game I had just quit 5 boxing WOW, so when I started up I decided I wanted to try and 5/6 box AO. Yesterday I decided to upgrade my second box to windows 7 and I didn't feel like multiboxing while I did. I sat on LFT with my 215 crat, 212 doc and 209 enfo for 2 hours. Considering these are core classes its pretty sad. If you really want to get anything done it's basically required that you multibox or at least dual log. So sad that the game has come to this. Had I not started this time around wanting to multibox I would have probably quit in frustration by now.

Anything content you do below level 220 can usually be done quicker and easier with a high DD team. Adventurer, hots, drains, reflects all trump doc healing for lower level content. Crats and enfos can be good DD, but it's usually very reputation based.

Best to just make friends, get in on raid bots, or a good org. lft has been unreliable since its inception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous
May 19, 2004

Girls
Games
Gains

Helmholz posted:

Not even an hour into it and I'm already causing trouble.

FYI, this isn't Eve and this isn't cool. It's also a great way of loving yourself over in this game in the long run, as well as the rest of your corp mates.

• Locked thread