Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Don't let yourself fall into the trap of waiting for a Heckler PL team. Solo SL experience is nearly as good and much more fun than Heckler groups. Here's an excellent list of places to level at various level (you'll need good equipment to get the most out of these locals but not extreme twinkage). I didn't write this and I can't remember where I found it, but it got me to 175 on my fixer pretty drat fast:

Shadow Lands 1-200 Soloing Guide for All Classes
Nasc
Level 1-10 (Training Grounds)
Level 5-10 (Frontier Bridge-Chimeras, silvertails etc)
Level 10-18 (Old Frontier i.e. Temple area, cascading spirits great and fast exp)
Level 18-25 (Swamp in Frontier Border Malahs drop spirits, Frontier outskirts)
Level 25-30 (Nasc Swamp- Mountain Cats, wetlands- Hatchlings careful they swarm named Malahs drop Omni Tatts, Nasc Wilds-Cripplers and Prime Hiathians)
Level 30-40 (Crippler Cave non stop action careful of add ons)
Level 35-48 (The Core-Mala Anahs named drop Tatts and DKN, Spiders here can drop Clan Tatts)
Level 38-45 (Nasc Wilds south- Croakers of the Night, again be careful of BAFs I believe there are two named here also)
Level 40-60 (Dungeon in Brawl, 2 Dungeons by Growlers in Crippler tunnel-Scuzzy Weavers, Hiathians, Core Dungeon Kolannas, Spirit Hunters and spirits QL40ish spirits)
Level 50+ (Green Redeemed/Unredeemed Mobs)
Level 65 - 90 (those heckler's level 80 Two Mountain area, borders of wetlands, Steppes of Dispair)

***The dungeon by the Lord and Lady has been nerfed down.***
The Lord, Lady and Soul Dredge are all higher level in Temple area beware of them in your teens!

Ely
Level 50-65 (Coral rafters great fast exp till 64, Lucent Silvertails near porta Dropped QL44 Spirits no Tatts)
Level 60-70 (Coral Rafters, Hiathlins, spirits near Port Seven Portal area all dropped QL44 Spirits no Tatts)
Level 63-75 (Malahs and Hoathilins in temple of Chants near Redeemed Stone Whispervale, Unredeemed Village there also, lucent silvertails and Kolanna all dropped QL44-52 spirits No Tatts)
Level 70-90 (Shell Beach in NW Ely Mire Rafters, Eremites)
Level 75-110 (Spirit Hunters, Spirits, named spirits all Behind the Temple of Chants, they drop Neutral Tatts, Novictum, patterns and DKNs on occassion along with spirits)
Level 85-90 (Spirits Just a little South, They drop QL66 and 73 spirits)
Level 85-100 (NW Ely near Ergo Insidious Spirits, drop QL66-83 Spirits)
Level 93 - 105 (Spiders found in Ely near Wipserdale)
Level 95-105 (Devourers of life, Chronas Canyon, Entrance to Ergo)
Level 100+ (Bone Dragons)
Level 120-145 (Leteth Dungeon in either temple, I would say 115 would be tough but doable to a point, Visions of the unshakeable, staff of Pelias and embryos drop here. Exp kinda sucks here but the loot for tier 1 makes it worth it)
Level 125-130 (Named Minxes and Imps by Ergo they also drop DKNs)
Level 140+(You can solo a eylsium heckler with CI)

Scheol
Level 100-110 (Beits near entance, Mossy Girders in Temple Bog these drop Alban glyphs for weapon upgrades also had Insignias drop but very low rate)
Level 120-145 ( Unredeemed mobs in Temple of Roch, Eric Miller Omega Chain is here good luck getting those tattoos, Redemeed mobs in Temple of Scheol)
Level 110-140 (Spiders N of drop off rumors of them dropping QL100-150 Clan Tatts)
Level 130-? (Chimeras near Giants Hoof rumors of DKNs dropping I have not seen one in 50+ kills including Bosses)
Level 165-185 (Both temple Dungeons, which drop embryos at a high rate for T1 armor)
Level 170+ (You can solo a scheol heckler)

Ok, I'll add something here to the Scheol section... but first off, you must have this; Spheremap. Without it, you are as good as lost in SL. Static Dungeons are drawn in as blue dots on the spheremap.

I'm elaborating on Scheol becuase.... well... while everyone was out killing Elys Hecks with all the "cool kids" (jokes, jokes), I was out and about in Scheol... maybe a little more than is healthy, but I realy love the landscape, and it is an interesting place.... only problem is you gotta sometimes contend for spawns with toons farming for pb's to get their alts into symbs, including me at the moment. But unlike some random, I'll probably help you out.... maybe....

lvl100-120/130ish: "Enter the Mountain"
N/NW of the portal entrance into Scheol is an Incarntor (lvl 140). This boasts a dungeon nearby with "neutral" mobs. No Redeemed or Unredeemed here. It's a great place to farm for you Insignia of Ocra (clan insigs), for the Jobe Suit advanced pieces (chest, pads, helmet and support unit). Both insigs drop here, but at a lower rate than from sided mobs. The bonus is you can get your clan insignia without having to attack Unredeemed mobs, and ruin your faction. Another bonus is the occasional Pearl drop (great vendor food), and also, you will find Spirit Baubles, for Crepuscule Armour. Infantry can get about 1mil each, as they make nice melee weapon buff items for those that cannot afford AI armour (and realy, who can at this level without a higher alt?). I personaly used the gloves of infantry expertise for a nice 2he buff on Darkblayd.

Chimeras
I have personaly seen, but not often, soldier armour drop from these dynas (take the Marble Orchid stat from Garden). Roughly ql100-120ish iirc.... and it's nodrop, so you may want some help to get it at a level when it wil be useful to you (which realy is just keeping to the form of most SL gear). Pernicious Armour.

Croakers
Ok, N/NE of The Temple Bog, are Croaker dynas. These drop some interesting armour along with pb patterns. The armour is Smuggler's Armour. Only useable by Traders and Enfos, it's nothign spectacular, but it gives a bonus to Comp Lit, which will help that trox enfo get some decent NCU chips in . It is NOT nodrop, you can horde it for alts or friends, but each piece is Unique. Drops in ql's of 90-120 in this area.

Eremites
Yet another spawn area with occasional contention from higher toons for pb's, you will find the eremites along the S/W brink area, just north of the Redeemed Temple, stretching up and away. Be very careful here, as they are close to Hecklers and Voracious Horros. One wrong step could bring a rather nasty surprise down upon you. Amongst the pb patterns they drop, they also have a chance of giving you Exploiter's Armour. This is for Fixers and Crats only... much like the Smugglers, it isn't impressive for the most part, but this also gives Comp Lit with each piece. Drops in QL's of 90-120ish, and each piece is Unique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Lamb Virtuoso posted:

Can anyone recommend some places to farm the money for the jobe suit? I'm only level 90.

Also, what's the best way to sell the loot if I don't have a shop? I have some Miy's melee/ranged/tank whatever pieces, I searched the market terminal and they seem to yield a nice price, but I can't find a buyer.

An excellent, but boring way, to farm cash is to run the Basic Clothes quest in batches. A full set of basic clothes goes for 10-12m and there's huge demand for it since it's made into alien armor. It will take some time to farm but it's extremely easy if you have a yalm and guaranteed money. As for not having shop, find a neutral corporation who will rent you a shop. It's hard to sell stuff without one.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Triggsz posted:

So i just gave AO another try and i'm kinda confused about how i should create my character. I only had an engineer back in the day that i grinded to 80. I was thinking of giving the Fixer a try. Are they good for pvp and are there any advantages of playing Opifex over Solitus?

And what goon guilds are open for joining? I didnt bother reading most posts in here :effort:

They are probably the worst PVP class at the moment and Opifex will have an easier time twinking into fixery armors like Predator.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Gearhead posted:

Since when did Fixer become poo poo in PvP? Did they nerf Dance of Fools?

They were the AddAllDef kings in the era I played.

AAD doesn't do anything against NT nukes that kill you in 1 hit. Also, people have MUCH, MUCH more weaponskill now. Everyone who PVPs has Ofab or Combined Alien armor which hugely increase your attack rating. Almost everyone has Aimed shot maxed out as well and use an AS weapon at least on their offhand. AS ignored AAD and hits for 14k damage. Roots and snares don't really work in PVP, so fixers are pushed to "light soldier" duty where they don't do very well because SMGs have relatively poor damage. Most end game fixers use the Hawk mk.5 because it has FA and then an offhand AS shotgun, so they can at least alpha strike and maybe kill someone every now and then.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

TheUnforgiven posted:

500k to a shop, that seems really odd to me considering most of the crap I'm finding in RK sells for pennies to the shop. I guess its time to head to SL.

Loot-vaccuuming doesn't really work until QL70 or so, plus by then you'll have much higher comp lit which has a significant effect on how much money you get from selling items (as well as giving a discount when buying) to/from terminals.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Got a 125 Fixer with pimped out gear (maxed out implants, level appropriate symbiants, full predator, superior perrenium beamer) on RK1, seriously considering resubbing. How active is the Goon Omni corp on RK1? Do they have a city with available trade terminals and do they do alien invasions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

blackmanjew posted:

I would play WoW if it had AO's implant and OE system.

Nothin' better than running around frantically trying to get buffs from high level assholes in Borealis before your comp mastery wore off :)

Someone in the Path of Exile thread said something really insightful. When the basic gameplay is simple and repetitive (like virtually every MMO), you have to have deep, rich, and *gasp* complex systems behind it to make the game fun. I think AO hit this balance perfectly.

• Locked thread