Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

Ra posted:

Oh dear god, the learning curve! I made some stims, but for some reason cant use them, even though i have all the skill prerequisites. I just tried to go into nascence to level, but everything gangs up on me. Oh god this game is overwhelming.

Also I cant seem to access the roflbot chat channel. Ive tried /ch and /join, but those dont work =(.

Are you trying to use the stims you made in rubi-ka in the shadowlands? because you need special SL stims that you can only get from vendors or have drop from mobs/chests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

Tir School of Engineering might still be a good tradeskilling guide but what I learned with my engie is that at low levels it's just not worth it. I tried making my own armor, working on my engie pistol but in the end it just sucked points away from the skills I was going to need to get into a bigger and better bot, and to tune it up nice.

I played an engi till 120 or so, even if you donīt intend to get into tradeskills on him, raising mech engineering and electrical engineering is a must in order to use the aggro trimmers, which are essential for soloing, lest your bot be incapable of tanking a mob. The upside is both these skills are green for engis so itīs not much of an IP sink (you will however also need chemistry to actually build the trimmers iirc).

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

Vidmaster posted:

The other thing you can do is farm CRUs through team missions, or just buy them, and then do alien raids with a team. If you get some good viral bots then that can make you a crapload of money too, especially strong/spiritual, though observant and arithmetic are worth a bit too. Spiritual are always crap, and enduring are crap below 240.

I remember this was a great way to make money when I was lvl 130-150, I had a good scheme going cause I was an enfo and I knew a doc\soldier duo who had a city of theirs to raid in, so we would do back to back raids using both cities, and with the 3 most desirable classes for AI raids already covered we could pretty much grab even the most retarded LFTers for the other spots and still run things smoothly

the one time nothing could be done was when this pug fixer, who constantly boasted about his pvp prowess, got aggro inside the ship, panicked, and team gridded out, teleporting everyone out of the raid :argh:

good to see folks are still playing AO, memories of training sandworms (and brontos\rhinomen) to totw entrance still holds a special place in my heart :unsmith:

Machado de Assis fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Oct 14, 2009

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

hahah I remember DVDplayer aka dweia aka the dude with literally 25+ alts, good to know he's still around

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

Rest in peace AO, you were my first MMO and you gave me something I never found in any other (a looping chickendance macro)

Vidmaster posted:

I started playing back then and they were still a thing. They just got needed so they sold for 100k instead of a few million.

Also, what's up to the old SynCorp crowd :cool:

vid, president of my heart :love:

• Locked thread