Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Do you ever get a chance to reset your skill points? The fixer guide says to never put any points in psychic/nano, but I didn't have enough max nano to activate my entry-level HoT and dumped some points into it.

edit for clarification: Was about 40 max nano short at lvl 7.

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Dec 16, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Are there nanos that syphon health/nano points from the enemy and give it to the player?

I'd be into this if there's a class that can solo well without a lot of downtime or disposable item use.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Nibbles the Shark posted:

So is it really possible to get a decent taste of the game by playing it free and then switching to paid if I like it? I'm in a situation where I have an abundance of free time but don't want to bother investing in any of the newer MMOs, and this looks interesting.

Also, the only class I had fun with in WOW was rogue. Anything that capitalizes on the sneakiness here? :ninja:

Sure. In WoW terms, free AO accounts are limited to level 70, don't get talent points, and can't go to Northrend.

Agents are the sneaky class, snipe instead of ambush, and are considered hard for a new player to get the hang of. They can also mimic the other classes to gain access to their low-to-mid level abilities (think pre-1.6 druids with a non-combat shapeshift on a cooldown). You might like fixers, a speed and evasion-based class.

edit: Oh, and there's two classes that free accounts don't get access to. Shades are the melee stealth class.

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 23, 2010

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Why are some of my skill numbers red when I'm spending IP? Does that mean they cost more to raise than normal?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

^^Red means you have a penalty from some item against that skill. The colors of the names means cost, dark blue costs the most.
Oh, durr. Had just equipped that +crit, -senses item on the newbie island.

Can't get Clicksaver to work. Downloaded the full game client and patched it, but it just gives me a "failed to create local database" error as soon as I try that. Any ideas as to what the hell is goin wrong?
On the page of the clicksaver site given in the OP, you'll find a link to another page that shows how to install it and get it running. It mentions your error on the "setup" page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

niff posted:

according to AO forums, Q1 2011 is when the new engine will be released - just in time for the game's 10th anniversary.

That's almost correct; the release is scheduled for the 10th anniversary of Duke Nukem Forever.

• Locked thread