Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I'm tired of my Motorola L7 (the phone is starting to break down as well) and I'm thinking of buying a Nokia 3120 Classic. Anyone got any experiences with that?
It seems to fit my needs, bluetooth, micro SD card support, sufficient memory, decent color display...
Also, I'm tired of the over the top complicated motorola interface and menus. So, can anybody recommend me the Nokia? Or are there things I'm missing and is the Nokia secretly the crappiest phone in the world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.
Country/Provider: Gainesville, FL, USA

Current contract status: I have 4 months left on a 2-year contract with Cingular/ATT.

Budget (phone/plan): We pay about $95 a month for a single family plan for three phones. We'd love to pay less, but have no need for more features.

Features I know I want: We presently use the cheapest family plan they have with 2 lines added. It's like 500 minutes a month, but we never use that much. My stepson is the only one who texts, and we don't use data.

I just want to make absolutely sure that what I've read here is correct: We can continue at our current price with ATT on a month-by-month basis, right?

Is there any provider we should consider where we could pay less than this for basic service?
Don't want to use pay-as-you-go phones; too inconvenient.

We are, however, considering buying a new phone for my stepson. He's using a Samsung A707 right now, and his big problem is reception. In places where we get good signal, he does not. Can you suggest a similar flip phone with better features and reception, that's not terribly expensive?

Thanks.

Steinbeck
Apr 6, 2008
e: n/m

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I have been using one of these for 2 or more years, a SLVR kajigger:

I've simply loved how slim it was, as it keep it in my jeans from pocket. Anything bulkier would really annoy me. However, I want to upgrade to something that has a full keyboard, as my 20 somethings generation seems to do 95% of communication via text message.

I'm on ATT, but I have a long loathing of Apple products due to being in tech support for the last 8 years. It seems like the iPhone is the only thing as slim, but I really don't know if I want to buy into the whole iPhone thing.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? I'm already ATT, would rather not switch to Verizon, and TMobile apparently has poo poo service in my area (Santa Cruz, CA).

Budget is not too much of an issue, as long as it is not over like 300$.

Steinbeck
Apr 6, 2008

jeeves posted:

I've simply loved how slim it was, as it keep it in my jeans from pocket. Anything bulkier would really annoy me. However, I want to upgrade to something that has a full keyboard, as my 20 somethings generation seems to do 95% of communication via text message.

I'm on ATT, but I have a long loathing of Apple products due to being in tech support for the last 8 years. It seems like the iPhone is the only thing as slim, but I really don't know if I want to buy into the whole iPhone thing.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? I'm already ATT, would rather not switch to Verizon, and TMobile apparently has poo poo service in my area (Santa Cruz, CA).

The Samsung Eternity or the Blackberry Curve? Those are the only other super-slim QWERTY phones I know of on at&t that aren't the iphone.

atomicbuddha
May 11, 2007
Why is Nietzsche in my tree fort?

Steinbeck posted:

The Samsung Eternity or the Blackberry Curve? Those are the only other super-slim QWERTY phones I know of on at&t that aren't the iphone.

Seconding the Blackberry Curve; they're only slightly thicker than the 3G, but a far better workhorse.

I guess if you wanted to lowball it, you could go for something like the Pantech Slate:

It's a very slim QWERTY phone, but the unit itself feels really cheap and I wouldn't really recommend it.

Steinbeck
Apr 6, 2008

atomicbuddha posted:

Seconding the Blackberry Curve; they're only slightly thicker than the 3G, but a far better workhorse.

I'm not quite sure if a BB curve with 3G has been released on at&t yet... I like a curve as a general smartphone, but "workhorse" can be misinterpreted a lot of ways by what the user wants / needs most.

I didn't get the impression he wanted to edit excel spreadsheets on the go or anything--I just recommended it because it's a decent phone and it's really goddamn slim (which seemed to be major selling point for his request).

I have no experience at all w/ the pantech slate.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

jeeves posted:

You can go for the Nokia E63 which is $279 brand new but 13 mm thick. Another alternative is the Motorola Q9h. The downside to the Q9h is that it requires a $30 data plan and it runs Windows Mobile. The E63 can be used with the $15 mediaNET plan also. You can also look into a E71 which is a higher-end version of the E63. The E71 feels more luxurious and it's 10mm thick.

The Curve that another poster mentioned also requires a $30 data plan. Steinbeck, there is not a 3G Curve. The only 3G BlackBerry for AT&T is the Bold right now.

Steinbeck
Apr 6, 2008
Jeeves: In short, do look into purchasing any of the phones we've recommended except for the Moto Q: You can get it cheap because it is a shitpile of a phone (in a slim form factor!). Every variant. Yes, every last variant.

That Nokia E71 gets high marks-- maybe give that one a pocket test somewhere? And in light of Godzilla07's insight: only get a Curve if you REALLY don't care about speedy data connections (EDGE takes all the fun out of it.)

Steinbeck fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jan 12, 2009

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
My Motorola l7/slvr was so minimalistic and kind of lovely for anything other than calls/texts that I have never once did any sort of real data crap with it. That is what kind of shys me away from a full on blackberry or such, but I guess seeing how I actually do computer tech poo poo for a living I might as well get with the program.

With ATT, how much on average is a decent data usage bill each month? Right now I probably pay some assfucking 50+ a month just for basic usage and like 1000 texts or something. Is that average?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

jeeves posted:

My Motorola l7/slvr was so minimalistic and kind of lovely for anything other than calls/texts that I have never once did any sort of real data crap with it. That is what kind of shys me away from a full on blackberry or such, but I guess seeing how I actually do computer tech poo poo for a living I might as well get with the program.

With ATT, how much on average is a decent data usage bill each month? Right now I probably pay some assfucking 50+ a month just for basic usage and like 1000 texts or something. Is that average?

If you use data more than accidentally, get an unlimited data plan. 5 MB (or even 20 MB) isn't worth a thing in the mobile market these days, and you REALLY don't want to pay 1c/KB (not a typo) for out of plan data.

If you buy their QWERTYphone, it's $30 a month. Just add the data plan and it's $15, and you can throw any unlocked GSM phone you want on there so long as it's not an AT&T-branded QWERTY model. (Don't let the agent see the keyboard if you bring one in though, or it'll probably be $30 again.)

NOTE: There's going to be an AT&T-branded version of the E71 soon. HOWEVER, double-price data plan again, and judging by the user guide AT&T managed to make the E71x totally uninspiring, so only do that if you're drawn to the E71 to the exclusion of all others AND your maximum cost is already in 'south beach ramen diet' territory.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 11, 2009

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

jeeves posted:

some assfucking 50+ a month just for basic usage and like 1000 texts or something. Is that average?

basic 39.99 plan with ~450 min and a 3-10$ text plan like you have + taxes does lead to a 50-60$ bill./

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Country/Provider: USA / Tracfone

Current contract status: none

Budget (phone/plan): cheap as possible with both

Features I know I want: Camera, text, mp3 ringtones

My parents bought me a Tracfone for christmas years ago and it's ok but Tracfone is a horrible company and they have no customer service. I want an real cell phone now, but I don't want to get into a contract because I don't use up a ton of minutes. Right now my tracfone costs me about $20 every 3 months.

I don't need the newest phone out there, just something with a camera and mp3 capabilities. The cheapest I can find is $40 a month with at&t but thats a contract.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Overbite posted:

Country/Provider: USA / Tracfone

Current contract status: none

Budget (phone/plan): cheap as possible with both

Features I know I want: Camera, text, mp3 ringtones

My parents bought me a Tracfone for christmas years ago and it's ok but Tracfone is a horrible company and they have no customer service. I want an real cell phone now, but I don't want to get into a contract because I don't use up a ton of minutes. Right now my tracfone costs me about $20 every 3 months.

I don't need the newest phone out there, just something with a camera and mp3 capabilities. The cheapest I can find is $40 a month with at&t but thats a contract.

What about an unlocked phone with the features you want and a prepaid plan from T-mobile? 1000 minutes for $100 and the minutes expire in a year. When your renewal comes up, you can spend as little as $10 to top up and keep the minutes you haven't used. I use a Sony Ericsson w810i on prepaid (I know, a waste for such a feature packed phone). Has a camera, text, and mp3 ringtones as well as a mp3 player. I'm sure other folks around here can find you a cheaper phone.

Gnuoyiy
Jan 12, 2009
Country/Provider: USA / Nextel

Current contract status: expires October '09

Budget (phone/plan): Around $75, willing to go $100 but it's not really important

Features I know I want: Camera, able to recognize who texts come from, maybe i will expand contract to include texting but my current phone does not tell me who texts come from (a very old motorola nextel)

Camera is also not very important but would be nice to have. I don't care what year it is, I just want a pretty durable phone which most nextels already are. Most important things are (from most to least)durability, good battery life, texting capabilities, and affordability. I'm willing to spend $100 max if the jump in quality and effeciency are that much better than a cheaper model. It has to be a Nextel-capable phone! Forgot to mention, will be changing plans when this one expires.

Gnuoyiy fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 13, 2009

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Gnuoyiy posted:

Budget (phone/plan): Around $75, willing to go $100 but it's not really important

Features I know I want: Camera, able to recognize who texts come from, maybe i will expand contract to include texting but my current phone does not tell me who texts come from (a very old motorola nextel)

Camera is also not very important but would be nice to have. I don't care what year it is, I just want a pretty durable phone which most nextels already are. Most important things are (from most to least)durability, good battery life, texting capabilities, and affordability. I'm willing to spend $100 max if the jump in quality and effeciency are that much better than a cheaper model. It has to be a Nextel-capable phone! Forgot to mention, will be changing plans when this one expires.

So pretty much either the Buzz+ or the i580?

(I'll admit, I did a pretty cursory search on PhoneScoop. If those don't suit you, you might be able to tweak the criteria I used to find something better.)

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Gnuoyiy posted:

You're looking at the Buzz+ ic602 and the i580. The i580 is $99 on a 2-year contract and the ic602 is $139 out the door and is $99 after a $40 mail-in rebate. The i580 has the better camera at 1 MP to the ic602's VGA camera. The ic602 is priced higher because it also has a CDMA 1xRTT radio for use on Sprint networks. The iDEN radio is there for use of the Nextel PTT service.

Gnuoyiy
Jan 12, 2009
nm

Gnuoyiy fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 14, 2009

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

topenga posted:

What about an unlocked phone with the features you want and a prepaid plan from T-mobile? 1000 minutes for $100 and the minutes expire in a year. When your renewal comes up, you can spend as little as $10 to top up and keep the minutes you haven't used. I use a Sony Ericsson w810i on prepaid (I know, a waste for such a feature packed phone). Has a camera, text, and mp3 ringtones as well as a mp3 player. I'm sure other folks around here can find you a cheaper phone.

That sounds pretty good, I'll look into it. Thanks :toot:

adamrobertt
May 13, 2006

by Ozma
I need a new phone.

I am not eligibile for an upgrade, and I have a pretty limited budget. Can anyone help me find a good phone for under $150? I'll be looking for unlocked phones on eBay.

So far I'm considering:
LG Shine
Motorola U9
Samsung A737

Any other ideas? I'm not really too concerned with all the fancy bells and whistles. I basically need a relatively compact phone with a good screen, good reception, and a reasonably attractive design.

I have ATT, as well, so I'll be looking for GSM phones.

DrSilverworm
Jul 15, 2006

Im Dr. Worm. Im interested in things. Im not a real doctor, but I am a real worm; I am an actual worm. I live like a worm...

adamrobertt posted:

I need a new phone.

If you can find a Sony Ericsson w810 on ebay, I'd highly recommend it. Classic, classic phone with an good camera and flash, which can be used as an LED flash light. No 3G though, if you're a heavy internet user. I see a couple on there now for $150 - $160, so it may be a bit expensive for you..

The Nokia 5310 is a nice newer model from Nokia with a built-in 3.5mm jack, which is great for listening to music. It also has a nice QVGA-resolution screen. Just make sure to get the American version with the 850mhz band.

DrSilverworm fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 15, 2009

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

adamrobertt posted:

I need a new phone.

I am not eligibile for an upgrade, and I have a pretty limited budget. Can anyone help me find a good phone for under $150? I'll be looking for unlocked phones on eBay.

So far I'm considering:
LG Shine
Motorola U9
Samsung A737

Any other ideas? I'm not really too concerned with all the fancy bells and whistles. I basically need a relatively compact phone with a good screen, good reception, and a reasonably attractive design.

I have ATT, as well, so I'll be looking for GSM phones.
I liked the Sony Ericsson S500i for the few months that I had it. Very compact and pretty looking, and probably the best slider I've ever experienced. It can be had for right around $150, probably even less on eBay.

adamrobertt
May 13, 2006

by Ozma
Ended up going with one of these http://europe.nokia.com/A41003154

Thanks for the help everyone. :)

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I take it that Sony Ericson is not a fold-open-with-a-qwerty-keyboard type phone?

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

jeeves posted:

I take it that Sony Ericson is not a fold-open-with-a-qwerty-keyboard type phone?

SE doesn't have any phones like that.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

I live in Europe mainly and have a cell phone plan on an unlocked phone. I spend about a month a year in the US and need a plan for that. I'm looking for a SIM card plan in the USA similar to european ones where I can pay $20-50 without a plan and not having to buy a new phone and just get N minutes and X text messages.

Is Virgin Mobile the closest there is? Do all the US plans have a time limit?

adamrobertt
May 13, 2006

by Ozma

spyinnzus posted:

I live in Europe mainly and have a cell phone plan on an unlocked phone. I spend about a month a year in the US and need a plan for that. I'm looking for a SIM card plan in the USA similar to european ones where I can pay $20-50 without a plan and not having to buy a new phone and just get N minutes and X text messages.

Is Virgin Mobile the closest there is? Do all the US plans have a time limit?

You couldn't swap your SIM card into a Virgin Mobile phone. They don't use SIM cards.

You could buy a $20 ATT wireless phone and use that, or even take the SIM out and put it in your unlocked phone.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
# Country/Provider:USA/AT&T

# Current contract status:Upgrading phone on existing family package

# Budget (phone/plan):The free upgrade phones

# Features I know I want: I'm not really sure at all mp3 ringtones?
I'm upgrading from an old LG phone so I don't really know what to expect from more modern phone feature sets. Just by going for looks alone the Sony Ericsson W580i looked neat but all the reviews said the keys crack and that it generally breaks once or twice a year. I don't want a RAZR that much I know.

Mollymauk fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jan 19, 2009

mattah
Nov 9, 2003

Oh Pikachu!
# Country/Provider: UK/ whatever (currently with O2)

# Current contract status: About to expire, currently have a Blackberry Curve

# Budget (phone/plan): 100-150 pounds a month roughly (should be enough to get almost any phone free I would think)

# Features I know I want: 3G, Exchange integration for calendar & email (very important - either built into the OS, or through a 3rd party app), big touchscreen for browsing, proper keyboard with tactile buttons (very much prefer hidden so as to have more room for the screen). I am a mobile engineer constantly on the road, so I send and read lots of emails every day, from three different email accounts. My daily schedule is also entirely on my calendar.

It would be nice if it had support for lots of community applications as well. My ideal phone would be something like an iPhone 3G but with a slider mechanism and hidden keyboard underneath. I really like the idea and look of the Nokia N97, but am unsure as to the OS/independent app. support, and how the email/calendar software will work and integrate. Another option could be the T Mobile G1, but I'm not a huge fan of the aesthetics, and would prefer to stay with O2. I have also tried the Blackberry Storm and hate the touchscreen keyboard (ditto with iPhone).

I can wait a little while to get a new phone if the N97 really does look like a winner, but any other ideas before I just upgrade to the next Blackberry model?

Ideas?

Edit: Also had a quick look at the Sony Ericsson Experia(?) a month or so ago. Looked interesting and would like to hear what people think of it.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

mattah posted:

# Country/Provider: UK/ whatever (currently with O2)

# Current contract status: About to expire, currently have a Blackberry Curve

# Budget (phone/plan): 100-150 pounds a month roughly (should be enough to get almost any phone free I would think)

# Features I know I want: 3G, Exchange integration for calendar & email (very important - either built into the OS, or through a 3rd party app), big touchscreen for browsing, proper keyboard with tactile buttons (very much prefer hidden so as to have more room for the screen). I am a mobile engineer constantly on the road, so I send and read lots of emails every day, from three different email accounts. My daily schedule is also entirely on my calendar.

It would be nice if it had support for lots of community applications as well. My ideal phone would be something like an iPhone 3G but with a slider mechanism and hidden keyboard underneath. I really like the idea and look of the Nokia N97, but am unsure as to the OS/independent app. support, and how the email/calendar software will work and integrate. Another option could be the T Mobile G1, but I'm not a huge fan of the aesthetics, and would prefer to stay with O2. I have also tried the Blackberry Storm and hate the touchscreen keyboard (ditto with iPhone).

I can wait a little while to get a new phone if the N97 really does look like a winner, but any other ideas before I just upgrade to the next Blackberry model?

Ideas?

Edit: Also had a quick look at the Sony Ericsson Experia(?) a month or so ago. Looked interesting and would like to hear what people think of it.

The G1 can be written off almost instantly due the lack of Exchange support. I would stay far away from Windows Mobile devices due to reliability issues. That excludes the Xperia and Xda Serra (Touch Pro). The N97 is a nice device but e-mail is not as good. S60 is a multimedia platform first. It's bad when you have to deal with more than 10-15 e-mails per day.

I would get the BlackBerry Bold. It's the best business device on O2. The battery life is not quite as good as previous BlackBerrys because of 3G but it is still better than most 3G smartphones. Another alternative is the Curve 8900 but it does not have 3G. The Curve 8900 is thinner and lighter than the Bold but has no 3G. It's a Curve 2 with the Bold insides. The big difference between the 2 devices is whether 3G is important to you.

Godzilla07 fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 19, 2009

HighwayStar
May 9, 2005
Problems do have solutions, you know...
# Country/Provider: US, AT&T
# Current contract status: Well past contract period, eligible for upgrade; using Cingular-branded Sony Ericsson T637
# Budget (phone/plan): $400 for phone only
# Features I know I want: AT&T 3G; non-QWERTY; camera with flash; prefer candybar form factor

I'm a voice/text user looking to transition to a T9 smartphone. On paper, Nokia's N79 looks like a perfect fit; it packs lots of functionality into a device that's only slightly larger than my current phone. Reports from HowardForums and the like, though few, seem generally positive.

I'm interested in hearing about any experiences with the N79, or alternately, a recommendation of a similar phone. I'm also interested in hearing about phone-shopping experiences with NewEgg, since I would most likely buy from them if I do go with the N79. Thanks!

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

# Country/Provider: Canada, Telus
# Current contract status: my contract ended long ago so I'm free to change to a different provider or anything really
# Budget (phone/plan): I'd like to stick to 350-400 max for the phone if possible. I'm not sure what a good monthly plan looks like...50-60 bucks or so?
# Features I know I want:

-qwerty keyboard
-slim, preferably not a folding or clamshell design
-gps
-access email
-basic internet access
-I'm a researcher and always have a huge paper trail of hastily scribbled notes behind me, so I want a phone that has some kind of good note-taking feature (adequate storage, intuitive interface, possibly the ability to email notes as files to other phones/computers). voice-recording note-taking feature would be cool too.

Multimedia stuff (youtube, movies, music) would be a nice bonus but isn't really that important.

So far I've been told to consider the Iphone, the Nokia E71, and the Blackberry Storm or Bold, but I don't know how seriously to take those recommendations.

Meltman
Jul 5, 2007
What, me worry?
# Country/Provider: Mexico, Telcel (Any unlocked phone will suffice, I think)
# Current contract status: None, I use cards
# Budget (phone/plan): not really an issue, as I can save up, should the phone merit
# Features I know I want:

Basically, I want a Nokia 6230 V3.0. The thing has everything I need, vid/pic camera with nightvision, infrared/bluetooth, fm radio, extended li-ion battery, CALL MUTING/RECORDING (very stealthy), and mostly, its nigh-unbreakable. The phone's been with me thru hell and back (heat, electricity, water, magnetic fields, acid, you name it). I don't mind the number keypad, I don't need email/browsing, and I couldn't care less about music (they all seem to have this anyway). The Nokia 6233 and the Sony C902 seem to be what I need, but I'd really like a recomendation, even if the phone is a couple of years old (or it hasn't come out yet). Does anyone know?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I've been trying to decide on a phone but I can't pick one. I want one with a decent camera, mp3 ringtones (able to use my own mp3), good reception, and under $100. There are so many I can't decide :(

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Overbite posted:

I've been trying to decide on a phone but I can't pick one. I want one with a decent camera, mp3 ringtones (able to use my own mp3), good reception, and under $100. There are so many I can't decide :(
I'm sorry, that wasn't vague enough for me. Could you be a little less specific?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
That's the problem, I cant narrow it down.

I was thinking of a sony ericsson but those are around $150 on ebay.

I also looked at a LG CU500 but I heard the mp3 ringtones were limited to 600kb which is extremely tiny.

There's always a razr :(

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Edit: nm missed some poo poo from before

Noctone fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 21, 2009

96cobraguy
Aug 10, 2008
# Country/Provider: USA (NJ), AT&T
# Current contract status: Expires in August, I believe (was a 2 yr). 500 min/ nights & weekends. 500 txt. 2 lines.
# Budget (phone/plan): currently at around $95/month after taxes. original plan started out at $60.
# Features I know I want: wifi, possibly gps. Im cool with an unlocked phone, so long as i can keep it under 400 (thats the absolute max). wifey just wants decent service and a decent camera. currently, ive got the nokia n75 and she has the samsung sync.

My biggest concern is cost. I just wanted to see if I can save a couple bucks elsewhere. We barely talk and use maybe 300 a month, total. I use my phone for work mostly and the phone calls are pretty much this: "hey, are you available these days?" "what time?" "blah blah" "Ok, i'm there" "thanks". As a result, I've got assloads of rollover. I know I'm probably not going to be able to do better, but I figured that I'd throw the hat in the air, and maybe something could be found at t-mobile or something.
please feel free to lmk if something doesnt make sense, or if i forgot something.

Mrs. Wynand
Nov 23, 2002

DLT 4EVA
  • Country/Provider: Canada :canada:

• Current contract status: no contract

• Budget (phone/plan): up to $500 i guess but i can't imagine it needing to exeed $200 or so. Plan should be on the cheap side because i'll be pre-paying it - $100/mo is too much.

• Features I know I want: SIMPLE, good camera, SIMPLE, looks purty

This is not for me, this is for my mother. She is about as techsavvy as your average mom, which is to say not very. Fancy phone features like wifi browsing, crazy sync options etc would be completely wasted on her. She already has an ipod, so it doesn't really need to play songs, but i'm sure she'd like to waste some money on ringtones (maybe). Data-plans are RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE in Canada so iPhone isn't really a great option either (also her ipod is brand new :p).

She is however quite a bit more fashion conscious then most moms (no offense to your mom and her mom-jeans), so it's important that it look hip and cool and happenin' (but not like, for teenagers). Imagine Lisa Kudrow.... my mother is like that but a bit older and not blonde. Yeeeep...

For all it's worth this is in BC but i think the same phones are usually available across-country from one carrier or another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Question about monthly plans:

Do iPhone users really pay like 100 bux a month to use it? It seems their cheapest plan ATT has is 45$ base, then a required 30$ for 'data', and like +15$ for a good amount of text messages. Then all of the bullshit taxes on top of that would easily make it 100+?