Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brettbot
Sep 18, 2006

After All The Prosaic Waiting... The Sun Finally Crashes Into The Earth.
Ok, so I'm finally being forced to replace my Pixel 2, due to the double whammy of dying battery and unreliable charging port. Before that I had a Samsung Galaxy (S3 I think), and I remember liking that more than Pixel, it felt more like a mini computer than a smartphone if you know what I mean. I guess this is more of a "is there anything I should avoid" question than a recommendation request.
Phones basically don't have any of the features I used to insist on, like expandable memory, headphone jack, or removable battery. I don't really care about the camera quality, and I wouldn't want to go any bigger than the Pixel2. Basically if it runs fast, lets me do what I want, and has a minimum of invasive bloat I'll be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brettbot
Sep 18, 2006

After All The Prosaic Waiting... The Sun Finally Crashes Into The Earth.

Duckman2008 posted:

Well, the main bad news is I don’t think any phone is the size of the pixel 2 anymore.

That said, you probably should look at the S23 or S24, the reg one isn’t that big and should be a good replacement. It’ll have bloat but you can delete a good bit of it.

The Pixel 7 and 8 are also recommended for the record. So go with whichever you like more.

If in the US on a postpaid plan call your carrier to see what phone discounts they will offer you.

Ok, sounds about what I expected, thanks.