Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Country / Provider : US / MetroPCS

Current Contract: N/A

Budget: ~200 dollars (maybe more)

Features: Full QWERTY keyboard, CDMA network (for MetroPCS). Not one of the ones that slide open and turn horizontal.

I have a iPhone that I'm getting rid of that won't work with PCS and I can't go back to T9 after using it for so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Alright, I'm in the US on Sprint with a SERO plan, I currently have a HTC Touch Pro, which I love, but this is the third replacement I've gotten and the keyboard is dying again. I like it, but I'm thinking I'm going to go with a different phone. I'm not sure. Looking at Craigslist I'm pretty sure I can get back what I paid for this touch by selling it, so my price range is around 200-250. I also might be able to get a replacement that isn't a Touch Pro straight through Sprint for a comparable phone, a supervisor is going to call me back in like two hours about that.

I really like the threaded layout for text messages, and I really like that I can use activesync to sync my google contacts to the phone. And I like using google maps. What other phones have some/all of these features I could be looking at?

Or should I just send this one in again and hope for a better replacement? Maybe push the guy I'm gonna talk to to try to just get a new replacement instead of a refurb?

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Sep 10, 2009

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Alright, I've decided that I'm dumping my smart phone for a simpler flip phone, I need the money I'll get from selling my Touch Pro.

I want something relatively new and not a pain in the rear end to put my own ringtones on. And if it available on ebay that is a major plus.

# Country/Provider: Unites States / Sprint

# Current contract status: SERO contract, contract ends in February (Unlimited data, unlimited text)

# Budget (phone/plan): ~$100 for phone.

# Features I know I want: Decent texting (T9, not full keyboard), decent web browser (doesn't have to be amazing, what my old Katana DLX had was pretty good), clamshell form-factor, ease of putting on custom ringtones.

Some way to sync my contacts with my gmail account would be amazing, but I don't know if anything that isn't windows mobile can do that.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

kalibar posted:

eBay up a Samsung M610, it's the best flip phone Sprint ever sold. You can even get away with tethering it.
Does 45 bucks sound fair for this phone? I'm looking at a buy it now auction with one listed at that price.

Edit: Pulled the trigger on the M610. Thanks for the suggestion.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Sep 14, 2009

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Edit: Nevermind I got it taken care of.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 23, 2009