Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

96cobraguy
Aug 10, 2008
# Country/Provider: USA (NJ), AT&T
# Current contract status: Expires in August, I believe (was a 2 yr). 500 min/ nights & weekends. 500 txt. 2 lines.
# Budget (phone/plan): currently at around $95/month after taxes. original plan started out at $60.
# Features I know I want: wifi, possibly gps. Im cool with an unlocked phone, so long as i can keep it under 400 (thats the absolute max). wifey just wants decent service and a decent camera. currently, ive got the nokia n75 and she has the samsung sync.

My biggest concern is cost. I just wanted to see if I can save a couple bucks elsewhere. We barely talk and use maybe 300 a month, total. I use my phone for work mostly and the phone calls are pretty much this: "hey, are you available these days?" "what time?" "blah blah" "Ok, i'm there" "thanks". As a result, I've got assloads of rollover. I know I'm probably not going to be able to do better, but I figured that I'd throw the hat in the air, and maybe something could be found at t-mobile or something.
please feel free to lmk if something doesnt make sense, or if i forgot something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

96cobraguy
Aug 10, 2008
Country/Provider: USA
Current contract status: AT&T
Budget (phone/plan): I can afford $100 a month, prefer under $100 if I can get it, phone cost not an issue (i usually buy myself unlocked phones anyway).
Features I know I want: Smart Phone, or at least anything that can sync to a mac (keep my work schedule up to date). My wife doesnt care, as long as the phone looks nice and takes decent pics. Web, for myself possibly. (also, Im not a fan of Verizon, had them many years ago, and just didnt like how they locked their phones amongst other things. anyone else is cool tho)

Ok, Im spending almost $100 a month (usually $92 and change) and my wife and I usually use about 300 minutes a month (plan allows for 500 + unlimited nights/weekends/mobile2mobile), and just text back and forth (paying $10/month for 200 msgs and unlimited msgs on network). Im just wondering if theres any way I can streamline a plan... maybe get some web, or something. So if theres any plan out there that can get text, web, and 300 minutes a month, we'd be golden. I'm the only one that would be using web, since theres downtime at work and im frequently bored as hell when that happens. Thanks for the help!

96cobraguy fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Apr 20, 2009

96cobraguy
Aug 10, 2008
Current Provider: AT&T, out of contract
Current Phone: unlocked G1, wifes is Samsung Sync
Budget: less than $100

Im looking to see if I can save a couple bucks on my plan. we have a 500 minutes plan with a 200 msg (w/ m2m in network messaging) and a $15 data plan. with all of this, it comes to about $110. We dont talk a hell of a lot. My phone is mostly for work and emergency calls, plus data for when I have downtime at work. We really dont travel outside of NJ, NYC, PA area. The majority of my texting is between my wife and I. A smart phone would be nice, but I really don't live on it as many people do. My biggest problem is occasionally go over on my texting.
I really don't have any problems with AT&T, I actually enjoy the service. So if I was to go to another network, service would be a big issue. Im really just looking to see about saving a bit here and there.
Any suggestions would be nice. Thanks!

96cobraguy
Aug 10, 2008

96cobraguy posted:

Current Provider: AT&T, out of contract
Current Phone: unlocked G1, wifes is Samsung Sync
Budget: less than $100

Im looking to see if I can save a couple bucks on my plan. we have a 500 minutes plan with a 200 msg (w/ m2m in network messaging) and a $15 data plan. with all of this, it comes to about $110. We dont talk a hell of a lot. My phone is mostly for work and emergency calls, plus data for when I have downtime at work. We really dont travel outside of NJ, NYC, PA area. The majority of my texting is between my wife and I. A smart phone would be nice, but I really don't live on it as many people do. My biggest problem is occasionally go over on my texting.
I really don't have any problems with AT&T, I actually enjoy the service. So if I was to go to another network, service would be a big issue. Im really just looking to see about saving a bit here and there.
Any suggestions would be nice. Thanks!

no suggestions whatsoever? from any provider? c'mon. a lil help here.