Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ice cream snakes
Dec 8, 2008

* Country/Provider: USA/AT&T

* Current contract status: Paying month to month

* Budget (phone): $300ish

* Features I know I want: Full keyboard, web browsing, email, music would be nice

I've got a w810i that I like a lot, but with as much texting as I do it would be nice to have a full keyboard. Also, I'd like a phone that was better suited for email and surfing the web.

I'm paying month to month on AT&T, but my mom and sisters have a family plan on Verizon that they said I could get in on if I wanted. Service for both providers is pretty comparable where I live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ice cream snakes
Dec 8, 2008

Sir Unimaginative posted:

If you do join Verizon, how does that change budgeting and contract willingness? (Actually, the contract thing is kinda useful to know either way.)

Also: Is 350 too much? How about 330?

My family currently has 3 lines on the 1400 minute family select plan, so adding a fourth line to that would make it $140, but then I'd still have to add my own data plan to that, right? So the Verizon and AT&T plans would cost roughly the same unless my math is messed up somewhere.

Both of those phones look really nice. Does anyone here have experience with both? I've never had a smartphone so it's hard to decide between the two, and I don't know where I'd find a E71 locally to find out how it feels in my hand.

ice cream snakes
Dec 8, 2008

Dr Tran posted:

Shirley, you must have a best buy near you. They have the E71 and N96 on display.

Sir Unimaginative posted:

I have an E71 myself, and it's pretty drat sweet.

As for demos: I know there's a nonworking model of the E71 and the Touch Diamond (which admittedly isn't the Touch Pro, but is about 4mm thickness and a keyboard removed from it) at my local Radio Shack.

I don't know why I didn't think to check either of those places for phones. I'll look at both of them tomorrow. Thanks guys.