Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I'm tired of my Motorola L7 (the phone is starting to break down as well) and I'm thinking of buying a Nokia 3120 Classic. Anyone got any experiences with that?
It seems to fit my needs, bluetooth, micro SD card support, sufficient memory, decent color display...
Also, I'm tired of the over the top complicated motorola interface and menus. So, can anybody recommend me the Nokia? Or are there things I'm missing and is the Nokia secretly the crappiest phone in the world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I have a Moto G and am very happy with it. At least, I was, because lately it freezes alot and feels a whole lot slower then when I first got it. I don't know why this is, but I suspect that Lollipop has something to do with it.
Anyway, I'm thinking about getting a new phone. The problem is, I don't like all these huge phones. Nothing bigger than my Moto G. Only one I've found so far is the Xperia Z3 compact. Any other suggestions?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Blowdryer posted:

I got in contact with Sprint and they unlocked it for me.

I was considering Mobile Vikings as a courier as I've heard good things https://mobilevikings.be/

Always up for more information on the topic.

I'm from Belgium and I use Mobile Vikings. I'm really happy with it, it's cheap and you get a lot of data and texts. And you get 60 minutes each day to call other Mobile Vikings users.
However, I recently went on a trip in Europe and using data in other countries burns your money fast. Roaming costs are high. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that's the case with all mobile providers. The EU is working on a law limiting or abolishing those extra costs, but that'll probably take a while.
But Mobile Vikings is prepaid, so you're not in for any nasty surprises if you accidentally forget to turn of your mobile data. And another thing I've noticed, they are selling special "roaming packages" on their site. €2 for 50MB or €20 for 700MB to use abroad. Not super cheap, but defintely cheaper than just using your data abroad.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I'm using the 2nd gen Moto G and I like it, however it's getting slower and slower. No surprise, since it's already a couple of years old. I'd like to replace it, but I'm not sure which phone I want. I could just buy the new Moto G (there are 2 versions, as far as I can tell, one has a better camera + finger print sensor, but that's it).
Or you could give me some alternatives :) I don't want a huge phone and I'd like it to be below €300. That's about it really. Although I really like the notification LED on my current phone, so if there are other phones that have that, that'd be great too.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

LastInLine posted:

I don't know how cheap a Nexus 5x is in Euroland but that's probably what you want. If you don't care about updates the new Moto G also might work but I don't know if it has a notification LED.

Ok, I'll check it out. I've looked around and the 3 phones I got on my shortlist right now are the Nexus 5x, Huawei P9 Lite or the new Moto G.
I'll go and hold them in a store to see just how huge a 5,5 inch screen really is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Dropped my phone, cracked my screen. Sigh.
It was a Samsung Galaxy A51, it did everything I wanted it to do, so I'm looking to buy a similar phone. Briefly thought about getting the screen replaced, but that'll cost me 100-150 and that seems like a bit mich for a 2-3 year old phone.

Anyway, some quick googling pointed me in the direction of the Samsung Galaxy A52s 128GB 5G Enterprise Edition or the Motorola Moto G60 128GB. Both phones seem like they'd get the job done, and I had a Moto G phone in the past and liked it. But I'm looking for your input. Any other suggestions in the 200-350 EUR range?
One thing I kinda want is a notification led, but I'm sure I'll manage to live without that too.
-