Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Apologies if this is a super common question, I try to stay out of the phone game as much as possible so I really just don't know anything.
I've had Pixels/Nexus phones exclusively. Currently my Pixel 5 is dying - dodgy battery, screen on the fritz, camera oddities, and have had issues with cell service now for a bit. It's time.
I love having free unlimited photo backup to Google Photos and the rear dedicated fingerprint scanner is in use 100% of the time I use the phone. And the screen size is nice, maybe a little bigger than I'd like though. Are these features all extinct nowadays? If so, is there any real benefit to sticking with Pixel phones? I kind of never liked the Galaxy series but if they are really just "better" or have less wacky issues than the Pixel phones I may need to jump ship. Would love to not have my phone cripple itself after two years of use.

Does anyone have Pixel or other major-brand recommendations? Are those Z Flip phones any good? Every phone I look at seems to have some bizarre compromise - the latest Pixels look like they use a garbage under-screen fingerprint sensor and have weird battery problems. I just need a normal phone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU