Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Anyone had any experience with buying "Amazon Renewed" refurbished/returned phones? I'm going to be getting a G6 because I liked the one I got my wife. They don't have it at Costco anymore, Amazon has the 32gb version for $199 OR I can get a "Renewed" version for $149.

Also, best brand to buy for a G6 case?

vvvv 90 days replace or refund, "some accessories or packaging may be generic", gonna try it.

Pershing fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Me and Mrs Pershing are on Verizon. We pay about $89/month for unlimited calling and 1GB of data (we use WiFi most of the time). We're both on Motorola G6s. It's about time for Pershing Jr. to get a phone. Looking for device and plan recommendations. Would prefer to stay Verizon but can change for the right deal.

e: don't know if it matters but I'm a Costco member.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

So Pershing Jr. had his first "forgot my phone was in my swim trunks" experience. His hand-me-down Moto G6 is now at the bottom of the Gulf Of Mexico.

Country/Provider:
USA - Verizon

Current contract status:
Verizon 5G Play More ($65/line, 3 lines total)

Budget (phone/plan):
I'd change plan if it was a real deal. Phone: an 'average' phone, shouldn't suck in any particular area but it doesn't have to excel either.

Features I know I want:
Your average Android phone.

PS I am a Costco member if that helps. I have a locked 2 year old Samsung Galaxy S22 128GB and my wife has a 3-4 year old unlocked Moto G6 we could hand down to him.

Pershing fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jun 22, 2023

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

So my mom is looking for an unlocked phone. This would be for Spectrum in the southeast US. Any thoughts on whether Spectrum is any good would be appreciated.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Duckman2008 posted:

Need more details on how much phone she needs, phones range in price from $200-1000.

Spectrum piggy backs off Verizon, so call and text is fine, data she will have lower priority than other people. Some people notice the slower speeds some do not.

She'll be using it primarily for texting and calling. Some internet use but she'll be doing most of that via her home WiFi. Lower price point is a priority for her.