Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Phone rec please. Ideally under ca$300 but I could grumble and go up to $400 if it meant a boost in how long I can expect the phone to last me.

Canada. Need an unlocked android phone that's rogers network compatible because gently caress contracts.

My priorities are that I hate bloatware, and I rarely use my phone for anything other than IM/texting, listening to podcasts over bluetooth or the phone's speaker, and having a web browser handy if I need it, with the camera as a secondary function. I have virtually no apps installed. I'd probably like something that has about 32gb of storage on top of OS just so I don't get annoyed with messages about running out of space if I queue up a bunch of stuff. I also value durability and battery life. Something that I can open up and repair would also be nice but I know not to hold my breath for that one anymore.

About a year ago someone told me about OnePlus phones, and they sounded good, but since then I've heard that they're not as good as they once were. If there's another brand that fills that "is phone, does smart phone things, no other nonsense" slot, I'd be interested.

Basically I want something that will run smoothly for a few years before I have to upgrade again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU