Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

# Country/Provider:

USA - T-Mobile

# Current contract status:

Out of contract, going to stay that way. This is code for "unlocked or unlockable GSM please."

# Budget (phone/plan):

$0-$150, I am keeping my grandfathered T-Mobile plan that gives me a slutty amount of minutes and unlimited data for around $50/month after taxes.

# Features I know I want:

Clamshell/flip. Mostly because I'm hard on phones with exposed screens, but also because I like the satisfying slam of hanging up on someone with the a flip-phone.

Camera. I've been living without a phone camera for a few months and it's starting to get mildly annoying.

Must either have a decent browser or be able to run Opera Mini.

Must be able to sync the phonebook either directly with my Mac via iSync, or any of a number of web services.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

kalibar posted:

The iPhone is a very good Exchange phone. You'll be fine, but you'll be paying a lot.

No poo poo, the iPhone does ActiveSync better than my Windows Mobile 6 phone.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

kalibar posted:

T-Mobile To Go, yes it comes with voicemail. Easily the best bet in prepaid.

Check your coverage on the t-mobile website first. Prepaid T-Mobile SIMs do not roam onto AT&T's network like subscription SIMs do. I've used both in the same device at the same location and done the experiment myself.