Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Belasarius
Feb 27, 2002
Dear Cell-Phone Shack,

What is the cheapest and best used or cellphone I can get that is compatible with T-Mobile? My first instinct was to get the cheapest phone, which looks like motorola f3 unlocked for about $30. Then I noticed people were selling first generation smartphones for about $50. I am currently out of contract
but for what are amusing and embarrassing reasons I'm stuck on tmobile for a few more months. I won't sign another contract. So all in all I want a smartphone for about $80 or less. I'm willing to hack it up do whatever, is this doable or a pipe dream?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belasarius
Feb 27, 2002

Godzilla07 posted:

My backup phone (8700) was acquired for $30. If you want data on it, add the $24.99 BlackBerry Internet/E-mail plan. But make sure you get the 8700g version because only that one works on T-Mobile (there are unlocked 8700c models out there but they cost more.)

Thanks, is there possibly anything I could get with 802.11?