Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrs. Wynand
Nov 23, 2002

DLT 4EVA
  • Country/Provider: Canada :canada:

• Current contract status: no contract

• Budget (phone/plan): up to $500 i guess but i can't imagine it needing to exeed $200 or so. Plan should be on the cheap side because i'll be pre-paying it - $100/mo is too much.

• Features I know I want: SIMPLE, good camera, SIMPLE, looks purty

This is not for me, this is for my mother. She is about as techsavvy as your average mom, which is to say not very. Fancy phone features like wifi browsing, crazy sync options etc would be completely wasted on her. She already has an ipod, so it doesn't really need to play songs, but i'm sure she'd like to waste some money on ringtones (maybe). Data-plans are RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE in Canada so iPhone isn't really a great option either (also her ipod is brand new :p).

She is however quite a bit more fashion conscious then most moms (no offense to your mom and her mom-jeans), so it's important that it look hip and cool and happenin' (but not like, for teenagers). Imagine Lisa Kudrow.... my mother is like that but a bit older and not blonde. Yeeeep...

For all it's worth this is in BC but i think the same phones are usually available across-country from one carrier or another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrs. Wynand
Nov 23, 2002

DLT 4EVA

Mr. Wynand posted:

• Country/Provider: Canada :canada:

• Current contract status: no contract

• Budget (phone/plan): up to $500 i guess but i can't imagine it needing to exeed $200 or so. Plan should be on the cheap side because i'll be pre-paying it - $100/mo is too much.

• Features I know I want: SIMPLE, good camera, SIMPLE, looks purty

This is not for me, this is for my mother. She is about as techsavvy as your average mom, which is to say not very. Fancy phone features like wifi browsing, crazy sync options etc would be completely wasted on her. She already has an ipod, so it doesn't really need to play songs, but i'm sure she'd like to waste some money on ringtones (maybe). Data-plans are RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE in Canada so iPhone isn't really a great option either (also her ipod is brand new :p).

She is however quite a bit more fashion conscious then most moms (no offense to your mom and her mom-jeans), so it's important that it look hip and cool and happenin' (but not like, for teenagers). Imagine Lisa Kudrow.... my mother is like that but a bit older and not blonde. Yeeeep...

For all it's worth this is in BC but i think the same phones are usually available across-country from one carrier or another.

Noone can recommend a nice designer-ish phone with a simple UI? :(