Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sobriquet
Jan 15, 2003

we're on an ice cream safari!
First of all, thanks in advance to anyone that helps or even bothers to read this! Some phones I have looked at so far are Blackberry Curve 8320, Pearl 8120, and some of the HTC touch models.

Country/Provider: US/AT&T - I'm also hoping to use this phone in Germany with prepaid SIM for three months, unless there is a better/cheaper way to have a phone there.

Current Contract Status: I'm on an AT&T Family plan. At the store they said I am eligible for "upgrade pricing" (I assume this is for contract renewal) in March. My parents manage the plan, and will likely renew the contract when it runs out. Assume I have no control over this.

Budget: I would like to spend $300 or less on the phone, including unlocking it if I need to. I don't know what the exact pricing on our plan is - right now I have no data service but we all have unlimited texting. I assume unlimited data will add about $30/month to the plan and I can accept that.

Features:
I want a PDA or "smart" phone. The OS doesn't really matter to me, but I would like access to email/Google calendar/internet. WiFi would be a big plus.
Right now I have a Nokia 6030, so I have no experience with any phone keyboards - this means I am open to a full QWERTY, a small-form keyboard, or a touch screen. I like the idea of a touch screen because they seem to be smaller/thinner but just as functional (I'm thinking of Touch Diamond vs Touch Pro here). I tend to prefer "candy bar" phones over flippers and twizzlers.

I am willing to go with a slightly older or used phone to save money. I do not care about watching video or taking pictures, but some cheap built-in camera would be a bonus.

Sobriquet fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Feb 11, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU