Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Lincecum, Cain, and pray for rain
  • Country/Provider: USA/AT&T

• Current contract status: On a family plan that was recently renewed

• Budget (phone): $100 or less

• Features I know I want: Above all: Good sound quality/microphone (see below). Ease of texting are most important. I have a media plan that allows 1MB of use/mo. so internet/email usage isn't huge but when I do I want a screen big and bright enough to see and read what I'm looking at. I'm not a fan of flip phones.
On Saturday myself and the family went out for new phones, and I picked up a Samsung SGH-A737 because I did little to no research before going to the store and I figured if it was good enough for my sister (who picked up the same thing) it was good enough to me. Moving on over the past few days every convo I've had have been constantly interrupted by "What?" or "Huh?" and sound was garbled on my end too. I find it hard to text on this phone, too. It's a slider and the keypad is of such a size and shape that it's hard to use any of the keys on the right side while typing one handed (and to a lesser extent, the keys are flush to the surface, which is a minor inconvenience).

I have ZERO patience with poor sound quality while using a phone. I could be having the best of days and it could be ruined by someone shouting WHAT?! in my ear or me having to ask someone to repeat themselves over and over. Likewise, I get a LOT of use out of my phone by texting so it's important for my phone to have a keypad or keyboard that is not difficult to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU