Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Alright I'm looking for advice. My contract with sprint is up in 8 days, and I'm trying to figure out what my best plan of attack is.

I like Sprint, but if the grass is greener I'll consider another company.

My work gets me a 22% discount on pretty much any of the main service co., and the plan is to get a nice phone and get the Everything Data plan if I stick with Sprint.

I'm trying to decide if I want something like the Instinct, or a blackberry or something. I want a good internet browser, but I'm also interested in things like GPS, MP3 playing perhaps (if I don't get an ipod)

I'm also hearing that the Palm Pre that's coming out is supposed to kick rear end. Should I just wait a little to see if that's nice, or is there something out now that will satisfy me?

Thanks for your input.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
My plan ends at this end of this year. I'm deciding whether I should stick to Sprint, or switch to Verizon.

I know that Verizon's data is better, but I'm having a hard time convincing the cheap-rear end in me that it's worth the price boost. I have the Everything Data plan, and after my discount it's about $70.

I'm not sure what a comparable plan via Verizon would be, but I know it's more expensive. The question is, is the speedier data connection worth the money?

Help me goons!

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

ExcessBLarg! posted:

1. Do you have a work discount for Verizon?
2. How many voice minutes do you use a motnh?
3. Is your data usage less than 2 GB/mo, or is that an uncomfortable limit?
4. Do you text a lot? Do you MMS a lot?

It depends how you think about it. For most people, the cheapest Sprint plan you can use a smartphone on is $70/mo. That's also true with Verizon. The difference is that Sprint's plan includes any-mobile calling and unlimited text and data. The $70/mo Verizon option includes 450 voice minutes and 2 GB/mo of data, but no texts included.

I took a look at my usage, 2gb a month should be fine, my peak usage is just under a gig so even if I went apeshit because of a faster/stable connection I'd still probably stay under 2.

Texts my peak was close to 1000, but fluctuated like mad.

My minutes used peaked around 300, I don't like talking on the phone and don't do it often, and the plan I have now is 450 so I don't imagine that should be an issue.

I'd really like to just keep it to 1 line, which means i'd probably add the text plan. I get a Verizon discount, I think it's 22% which is similar/comparable to my current Sprint discount.

Thanks for the info, that gives me all the ammo I need to make a decision. :)

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
So I have a question. I have 2 phones, my personal phone and the phone my work provides. The contract on my personal phone recently expired. I'm thinking of just using my work phone (if I can get approved to get an Android phone (or hopefully not, but an Iphone)) and I was wondering what the best route would be to have my personal number ring/text etc. to my work phone.

I think I remember reading people would have their number transferred to google, but what do you do from there?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
I'm not a huge iphone fan, but price wise if they said you have to have an iphone, I'm not turning it down.

Thanks for the info! :)

edit: Am I assuming wrong when I say that it doesn't matter if it's Verizon or Sprint with using Google Voice? I just noticed in the info that they specifically mention Sprint, but I assume it doesn't matter?

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Feb 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Duckman2008 posted:

Sprint has better Google Voice integration, but Google Voice will function decently on AT&T, Verizon and the rest as well. Honestly, Sprint's data speeds are sucking in most of the country, so keep your fingers crossed that its Verizon.

I think I can specify and it's not a big deal to the company. I'm currently with Sprint now which is why I want to change. Thanks again man. :)