Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mattah
Nov 9, 2003

Oh Pikachu!
# Country/Provider: UK/ whatever (currently with O2)

# Current contract status: About to expire, currently have a Blackberry Curve

# Budget (phone/plan): 100-150 pounds a month roughly (should be enough to get almost any phone free I would think)

# Features I know I want: 3G, Exchange integration for calendar & email (very important - either built into the OS, or through a 3rd party app), big touchscreen for browsing, proper keyboard with tactile buttons (very much prefer hidden so as to have more room for the screen). I am a mobile engineer constantly on the road, so I send and read lots of emails every day, from three different email accounts. My daily schedule is also entirely on my calendar.

It would be nice if it had support for lots of community applications as well. My ideal phone would be something like an iPhone 3G but with a slider mechanism and hidden keyboard underneath. I really like the idea and look of the Nokia N97, but am unsure as to the OS/independent app. support, and how the email/calendar software will work and integrate. Another option could be the T Mobile G1, but I'm not a huge fan of the aesthetics, and would prefer to stay with O2. I have also tried the Blackberry Storm and hate the touchscreen keyboard (ditto with iPhone).

I can wait a little while to get a new phone if the N97 really does look like a winner, but any other ideas before I just upgrade to the next Blackberry model?

Ideas?

Edit: Also had a quick look at the Sony Ericsson Experia(?) a month or so ago. Looked interesting and would like to hear what people think of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU