Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Want to switch back to Android from my iPhone 14. From what I understand, the S24 seems a bit more reliable, and the Pixel 8 has a better camera/interface. How bad are the reliability issues on the Pixel 8, is it just overheating from gaming? I had an S22 previously that I liked well enough, only thing that drove me crazy was that the vibration was incredibly weak and I always missed calls. Don't do a ton on my phone, just typical music/social media/work apps, almost never game on it. I'm pretty deep in the Google ecosystem in terms of mail/photos/calendar if that sways the decision one way or another. Also open to older phones/other brands. It'd be nice to have a good camera but it's not a desperate need either.

reversefungi fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 24, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

Ham Equity posted:

Apple Pay, iMessage, and iTunes are all better than their Google equivalents. You can use Gmail from an iPhone, is there a particular reason why you want to switch?

And I say this as someone who has been all-in on the Android ecosystem since the Galaxy S2.

I use neither ApplePay nor GooglePay. Most of my friends are on Android so iMessage is a wash, and I miss being able to send custom reactions beyond the 6 I can choose on iMessage. I don't have any other Apple devices besides tablets and miss being able to use my web browser on my PC to send texts (this is a HUGE one for me). I use Spotify and have been there forever so iTunes doesn't mean much either. I miss 3 button navigation. Microsoft Teams is noticeably worse on iPhone compared to android, things are slower/clunkier and this was annoying day 1 into having this iPhone 14. I still have an android auto wireless adapter that doesn't support carplay, would be nice to use it again and have been hesitant on buying a separate adapter since I already know I want out of ios. There are probably other things I'm forgetting.

reversefungi fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 24, 2024