Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Country/Provider: USA / Tracfone

Current contract status: none

Budget (phone/plan): cheap as possible with both

Features I know I want: Camera, text, mp3 ringtones

My parents bought me a Tracfone for christmas years ago and it's ok but Tracfone is a horrible company and they have no customer service. I want an real cell phone now, but I don't want to get into a contract because I don't use up a ton of minutes. Right now my tracfone costs me about $20 every 3 months.

I don't need the newest phone out there, just something with a camera and mp3 capabilities. The cheapest I can find is $40 a month with at&t but thats a contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

topenga posted:

What about an unlocked phone with the features you want and a prepaid plan from T-mobile? 1000 minutes for $100 and the minutes expire in a year. When your renewal comes up, you can spend as little as $10 to top up and keep the minutes you haven't used. I use a Sony Ericsson w810i on prepaid (I know, a waste for such a feature packed phone). Has a camera, text, and mp3 ringtones as well as a mp3 player. I'm sure other folks around here can find you a cheaper phone.

That sounds pretty good, I'll look into it. Thanks :toot:

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I've been trying to decide on a phone but I can't pick one. I want one with a decent camera, mp3 ringtones (able to use my own mp3), good reception, and under $100. There are so many I can't decide :(

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
That's the problem, I cant narrow it down.

I was thinking of a sony ericsson but those are around $150 on ebay.

I also looked at a LG CU500 but I heard the mp3 ringtones were limited to 600kb which is extremely tiny.

There's always a razr :(