Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
My partner is looking for a new phone.

Country/Provider: USA/Sprint which is now part of T-Mobile

Current contract: "Extended Lease" has 0 months remaining. Could own the current Pixel 3a for about $77

Budget: Something that's less than 30/month would be good. Current phone is only $17/month.

Features: Not an iPhone. The camera is important, but especially macro photography. Intensive gaming ability, paying to get the state of the art are not important. It would be put in a case no matter what, but extra durability is a plus as it will probably be dropped repeatedly in construction site.

For convenience/speed, I'd like to just upgrade through Sprint if possible. https://nihrida.com/best-phones/for-macro-photography/ suggests that Samsung Galaxy A71 is a good budget option, and it's only about 5 more a month than we're paying currently. But if you think that, say, Galaxy A52 or Galaxy S20 FE or Pixel 6 or something would actually be better, I'd be interested to know. (Pixel 6 Pro seems out of budget.)

Thanks!
Edit: Probably going Pixel 6 at Duckman2008's suggestion and because my partner likes the Pixel line.

dirby fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Dec 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Jolo posted:

I have a million USB-A chargers around the house but this adapter doesn't help with that.

Couldn't that adapter be used with an A-A cable and your A charger? Do you also not have an A-A cable?

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
I've been pretty happy with my Galaxy phones (maybe S4, S7, S8+?) but would like to upgrade. Is there a recommended summary that could help me determine whether I want the S23FE/23/23+/24/24+? I'm looking at Samsung's phone comparison page and it's not as helpful as I'd like.

Is the 24+ worth the extra money for the bump in RAM?

Edit: Some more searching around answered all my questions.

dirby fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 5, 2024