Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dopaMEAN
Dec 4, 2004
# Country/Provider: Phoenix, AZ- Currently with T-mobile

# Current contract status: Expiring in near future

# Budget (phone/plan): I'd want to keep it to around $100 with contract for the phone, ideally $50 a month for plan, but I can go a little higher if needed

# Features I know I want: I would really like a camera and video, but that's just about standard. I have never had a phone with a web browser, but I think it'd be neat. I don't need that though. I want it to be really durable, since I drop phones with alarming frequency. The newest phone I've had was a used Razr, so I'm not up to speed on cell phone technology

As far as my plan, I don't need many minutes, but I need lots of texts- preferably unlimited.

I've been with t-mobile for a long time, but if there's another service that might suit me better, I'll consider it.

Oh yeah- battery life is a huge thing for me. I'm terrible about remembering to charge my phone every day.

dopaMEAN fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 30, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dopaMEAN
Dec 4, 2004
I've been using a T-mobile G2 since June, and I'm planning on paying an ETF and switching over to Verizon, since my husband just got a new account and they're much faster out here.

I hate that my G2 is constantly pausing my music and podcasts. It's done it with multiple different phones (I've had it replaced twice) and it doesn't matter if headphones are plugged in or not. I really just want something that will play music or podcasts without my having to fiddle with it.

It would also be nice to get something as fast or faster than what I have. And I don't want a keyboard again, it's pretty superfluous. Battery life would be nice.

Based on my husband's phone research I'm thinking a Galaxy Nexus or a Razr Maxx (dumbest name ever) would be good. Should I wait for something better?

There's really no compelling reason for me to switch now, except that my G2 is probably losing value as time passes. I think I could get my $200 ETF back on it right now, since it's in perfect condition, but I don't know how quickly these things depreciate.

Oh, and it's probably a fantasy, but: Are there any phones that are smaller but are still awesome? My G2 doesn't really fit in my pockets at all, and my husband's Nexus is even larger, though also thinner. Girl's jeans have very small pockets :(

dopaMEAN fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 31, 2012

dopaMEAN
Dec 4, 2004
My mom's phone was lost today, she needs a new one and wants to get a smartphone.

She's with Verizon and has a full upgrade. She doesn't currently have any Internet, or really a functioning computer, at home so this would be a way for her to get some Internet access.

Ideally it would be great if it could easily do wifi (does it still cost money on Verizon? It's so easy with t-mobile...) since I just gave her my old nook color.

Oh yeah, and she's really bad at technology, so this is a huge step for her...

I imagine she could switch carriers if it would be best.