Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

I'm looking to replace my Pixel because it's EOL and the screen is starting to go weird. I'm a German living in America, I'm currently using a phone I bought in Germany, with a physical SIM from my lovely German carrier mostly so I can keep my old German phone number, and a Google Fi eSIM for actually doing phone things. So, I'm looking for a new phone that can also do this dual physical/e SIM thing and will also, uhh, support the right frequency bands to go fast in Germany when I visit? I think my German carrier uses the Vodafone network but I have no idea how Google Fi roaming would work? I swear I used to know how to look that up but that was a few generations of cellular technology ago and I feel pretty lost now, is that still a thing or can I just get whatever phone and assume it's going to work just fine everywhere?

Is Pixel my best (Android) bet for a long period of security updates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU