Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I think I'm just about done with T-Mobile. Paying 130 bucks after corporate employer discount, not counting device payments which are a few months away from being done, for 2 lines. I checked with my employer to see what changes occurred and all 3 of the big carriers don't have appealing deals. With T-Mo for example, they're only offering 15% off on Magenta MAX only which is only a couple bucks under what I'm paying for now with more or less the same benefits and that's without the AutoPay discount (I do not want to give them my bank information so please don't suggest the workaround, I do not want to give them that information, full stop). I know AT&T and Verizon are the same on that front so I'm stuck there on that point.

I'm ready to pay off my phones and hold on to them for another year or so (iPhone 13's) and start looking at MVNOs. I'm in the Orange County, California area and besides T-Mobile, I've had Verizon in the past which was just fine for me coverage wise. 2 services currently have my interest, US Mobile's Unlimited Essentials/Premium plans (35/45 per line) and Visible's Visible+ plan (45 per line). My average data usage is around 40GBs so those plans would fit my regular usage plus headroom. Currently US Mobile has a bigger share of my interest since I keep seeing positive response to their customer support and the ability to choose between T-Mobile and Verizon networks on sign up. However if this Reddit post about data prioritization is to be believed, I would benefit more from USM's Unlimited plans on the Verizon networks and Visible+. Visible is a little bit less interesting since I would have to manage 2 separate accounts as they're focused on single line subscribers.

Am I going in the right direction? Is there an option I haven't considered yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

OK, thanks! I'll take a look at it and compare.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Howdy, following up from my previous post. Ported my 2 lines with iPhone 13's from T-mo into US Mobile a couple of days ago and was a pretty painless process considering I did so in the middle of the night on a whim (esims are still cool) and partly because they changed their plan lineups the past couple of weeks. As mentioned before, I opted into the Verizon side just to see how they built out 5G in my area and in case it wasn't worth it, I could request to have them moved to the T-Mobile side. So far I've been impressed getting better, more stable coverage on my commute. For my line I'm on a 30 day trial which includes 50GB of premium data (5GB hotspot) and unlimited talk and text and my 2nd line is on their Unlimited Starter plan for 29 bucks a month before the line discount which is 35GB premium data with 10GB hotspot also with unlimited talk and text. I'm still thinking if my line will be on the same plan after the trial or if I'll upgrade to the Unlimited Premium which has 100GB premium data with 50GB hotspot for 50 bucks. Either way I'll be spending far less than I was with T-Mobile.

The user dashboard is clear and easy to understand and quick. Something I was annoyed with T-Mobile's, both in a browser and mobile app.

Part of the plan changes they made includes having annual plans which are tempting with the deep discounts, but sort of defeats the flexibility of prepaid but I'll still think about it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Quick little 1 month check-in since porting into US Mobile:

Service has been great overall and consistent on their Warp 5G network (their brand for Verizon). Calls have been clear and no drops. Don't have much else to say really. Solid MVNO.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Ham Equity posted:

Every fold phone I see someone using has the screen seemingly hosed up along the fold, like all crinkly. Is that just what's going to happen if you're using a fold, or are these people doing something wrong?

That's the preinstalled screen protectors that manufacturers tell you that must not removed as the screen is a soft plastic. It's unfortunately inherent to the design. Dust and grit will get in where it can.