Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EoSSnipe
Jan 27, 2006
Country/Provider: Sacramento, CA

Current contract status: T-mobile family plan; 2 year expired

Budget (phone/plan): Less than $200

Features I know I want:

-Slim (i.e not a brick in my pocket) - By far the most important
-Strong battery life
-Something that will last me a while

Features I don't really care about:

-Internet browsing
-Email
-Music device

I've gone through 3 phones in my lifetime and all of them have been super old flip phones that were free (my current phone is the Motorola V180). Now, the V180 is a brick in my pocket and it probably came from the Jurassic period, but I love the battery life and simplicity of the thing.

So naturally, I'm looking for a newer phone. I love the iPhone, but I don't plan on switching the AT&T and paying for my own plan when I can just stay on the family plan and just have my parents pay (cheap college student here). I really was into the G1, but now I'm on the fence about it due to its size. I also like the Samsung behold and the Motorola ZN5.

I usually have my laptop and my iPod with me, so music and internet browsing aren't too important for me. However, I can definitely see the advantages to having a phone with a good browser, I just don't plan on using it often. Basically I just want a nice new phone that will last me a few years down the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU