Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

adamrobertt
May 13, 2006

by Ozma
Whoops, somehow missed this thread. Sorry! :downs:

Anyway, I'm looking for a new phone. I've decided that I want a slider. I've had pretty much all form factors, and I think I prefer sliders the most. My budget is under $200.

I don't really need a lot of multimedia features - I don't use the internet on my phone, I don't check my email on my phone, I don't use GPS on my phone, etc. I pretty much just make calls, send texts, and the occasional picture message.

I've been looking at the Motorola Z9. It looks pretty nice, and I've seen them for under $200 on eBay. What else is out there? I'm on ATT. Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamrobertt
May 13, 2006

by Ozma

Noctone posted:

The Sony Ericsson W760a is pretty comparable to the Z9. If you want to go even cheaper, since you don't need features, the Sony Ericsson W580i and S500i (same form factor and pretty much the same specs, just a few cosmetic differences) are nice, small sliders.

Hmm I'll look into them. I had a SE phone a few years ago and I really liked it.

The main things that I want in a phone are good call quality, that it looks nice, and has a relatively high resolution screen. Thanks for your input!

adamrobertt
May 13, 2006

by Ozma
I need a new phone.

I am not eligibile for an upgrade, and I have a pretty limited budget. Can anyone help me find a good phone for under $150? I'll be looking for unlocked phones on eBay.

So far I'm considering:
LG Shine
Motorola U9
Samsung A737

Any other ideas? I'm not really too concerned with all the fancy bells and whistles. I basically need a relatively compact phone with a good screen, good reception, and a reasonably attractive design.

I have ATT, as well, so I'll be looking for GSM phones.

adamrobertt
May 13, 2006

by Ozma
Ended up going with one of these http://europe.nokia.com/A41003154

Thanks for the help everyone. :)

adamrobertt
May 13, 2006

by Ozma

spyinnzus posted:

I live in Europe mainly and have a cell phone plan on an unlocked phone. I spend about a month a year in the US and need a plan for that. I'm looking for a SIM card plan in the USA similar to european ones where I can pay $20-50 without a plan and not having to buy a new phone and just get N minutes and X text messages.

Is Virgin Mobile the closest there is? Do all the US plans have a time limit?

You couldn't swap your SIM card into a Virgin Mobile phone. They don't use SIM cards.

You could buy a $20 ATT wireless phone and use that, or even take the SIM out and put it in your unlocked phone.