Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

Recommend me a phone (Specially a Samsung Fold)

I'm a bit trapped between the fold 4 and 5 for a few reasons and need some help, either from people who know more about phones or somebody who has one or the other.

1. I draw, so this is one of my main reasons for wanting a fold is the easy ability to draw wherever, whenever and be able to then transfer and work on that sketch elsewhere. Having it be my phone would be convenient. I'm also likely to game on it in some capacity. I like the look of the 4 s pen better than the 5 version which is pretty small and that concerns me.

2. The hinge, this is one that I lean toward the 5 on, because the 4 doesn't seem to close flar and is left on a slight angle. I haven't held either in person so I don't know how bad it is.

3. There are leaks of the fold 6 out there and I'm wondering if holding off would provide better sales. Since I don't follow phones at all, I have no idea how the marketplace reacts to new releases and if a substantial deal would be likely. (I'm looking at maybe $900 CND for the 4)

For reference my current phone is a Pixel 6a, I would be very interested in the pixel fold, but it's not in Canada and apparently has no stylus support.

The 4 and 5 seem to have only some minor differences with the hinge and a slightly better chip being the drivers.

Any help would be appreciated from people.morw knowledgable than myself on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

Thanks for the responses!

Indeed the fold 6 is probably too far off for me to consider it as a factor in one or the other.

I'm actually going out today to see them in person in store and may make a decisions there. It's nice to hear from a fold 4 owner that the hinge angle isn't that bad.

Yeah I was aware that the spen case makes it bulkier, I have been considering how to manage that.