Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
MBV is the first movie I've ever walked out on. I've seen screaming cesspools of poo poo like I know Who Killed Me, The Happening, and Max Payne in theaters, yet I left after 85% of the movie was done.

I liked the full frontal and decent death scenes, but the killers identity made absolutely no sense at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

HankMcCoy posted:

So you walked out on the credits?

No, before the movie ended. I'm not sure how much was left. It could have been a minute, or ten...but it was lame enough to get me to leave.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I thought the Strangers was done fairly well, aside from the closet scene.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

evilontwolegs posted:

And just to put it on the record, for me, the proper order of the Friday the 13th series (from best to worst) would be 7, 2, 4, 1, 6, 11, 3, 10, 8, 9, 5.

I would agree with the first 4 of those.

My order is 7,2,4,1,11,6,9,3,8,5,10...

I really loving hated Jason X, and I'm surprised the love Part 7 is getting.

How do you feel regarding Nightmare and Halloween?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Chunky Delight posted:

Any advance reviews or thoughts about the new Friday the 13th or My Name is Bruce ?

For what its worth, I know someone who has already seen most of it. He absolutely hated it and compared it to the Halloween/TCM remakes in terms of quality. However, those are two of the low number of horror movies I've enjoyed in the past 10 years, and probably the only slasher films besides Behind the Mask that I've enjoyed.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

djf posted:

I'm sure i'll be the only person in the world who liked Hellraiser:Bloodlines. I'd have right after the original in terms of enjoyment. The scene with the twin security guards being stapled together gave me nightmares for ages.

I'd probably make H20 my second favourite Halloween as well after the original so go figure.

I liked Bloodlines. It's pretty hard to find horror movies I don't enjoy on some level although they're trying really hard this year to change that with The Unborn and MBV.

However, Final Destination is one of my favorite horror movies of all time, and I really enjoyed Butterfly Effect too so take that how you will.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Am I really the only one who loves Jason goes to hell?

I've seen these movies multiple times, after being introduced to the semi-retarded guy driving in circles on a motorcycle having his head cut off when I was 13 or 14 or so.

I've liked almost all of them (Jason X was a little much, but FvJ and the reboot make up for it)

That said,

I like the way they tackled Jason in this movie a lot more. A lot scarier.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I've watched the first six Jason movies, and I'm currently watching the 7th movie. The biggest issue I have is that he has super strength and gets shot like 15 times in part six, only for him to actually struggle to overpower Tommy at the end.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
What year did H2 take place in?

I thought it was the early 80's based off of all the old technology and such (analog radios, house phones, music choices, cars)...but I noticed a few mistakes.

In the bookstore scene, the first guy who's book he signs talks about how Myers is better than Dahmer...and Loomis's assistant had a PDA.

Am I wrong here?

Also, H2 was pretty weird but I enjoyed it regardless of the weirdness....and Final Destination was ridiculous.

Why would you go in a car wash when you just had an issue with your sunroof on your way to car wash

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

It takes place around "present time" or at least in the 2000s anyways. Zombie just like to overuse a 70/80s style in his films and insert stuff he thinks is cool from that time period.

His first Halloween was the same, I was pretty certain for most of the film that it took place in the late 70s/early 80s due to cars/clothes/music until someone took out a fairly modern mobile phone.

But IMDB places the movie in 1981. I don't know why he would have black and white televisions, rotary phones or things along that nature in the future. Are you sure he didn't just gently caress up the continuity?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

mexicanmonkey posted:

Final Destination was really fun, you guys are sour pusses.

Not when its compared to the first 3. The first one was terrifying and the final scene in 3 scared the crap out of me.

This one made me laugh. They ignored 4 people who shouldn't have been ignored on the death list. It was too short.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I'm aware I'm a little late to the party, but I don't understand all the love for Insidious. There are a few jump scares in it that got me sure, but overall, I had the entire last half of the movie figured out within the first 45 minutes and it just wasn't that great.

That said, I'm really itching to find a movie that scares me. Maybe I'm just desensitized because I've seen so many....but I just don't get that feeling of dread much anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I just watched Hostel 3 and I was honestly surprised at how good this direct to dvd movie was. I honestly thought it was better than 2 and almost as good as the first one.

Was anyone else pleasantly surprised by the quality? I think part of the reason I like Hostel so much is because I am so jaded that I can actually see society allowing for something so despicable to occur.