Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ohthatdan
Jan 10, 2007

...Soldering Iron...

Risky posted:

Halloween 3 is probably one of my favorite horror movies of all time. I personally think the storyline of an occult group that is trying to mass murder millions of children on halloween is far more interesting and creepier than some loving idiot in a mask holding a machete.

Besides Stonehenge, robots, and the occult, the third Halloween is by far the best of the series based solely on the synthesizer music. Honestly, if Halloween 3 was on TV and any other Halloween (except maybe the original) was also on at the same time, I'd easily choose 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohthatdan
Jan 10, 2007

...Soldering Iron...
Without taking race into the issue, seeing the right kind of movie with a crowd who can cleverly shout at the screen can be phenomenal. I distinctly remember seeing Freddy Vs. Jason and it became some kind of hybrid between sporting event and film. It was completely surreal.

On the other hand, there was a couple during the midnight premiere of Snakes on a Plane years ago who wanted the entire theater to be quiet and eventually left; so I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea, even for films that demand it.

ohthatdan
Jan 10, 2007

...Soldering Iron...

Arkannoyed posted:

e: poo poo, The Last Broadcast doesn't exactly qualify as "upcoming horror". Never mind.

After re-watching Blair Witch last night for the first time in a decade, I am reminded of how I bought The Last Broadcast on VHS immediately after buying Blair Witch. Since then, I think I've only talked to one person about that movie. Now I'm genuinely interested about what you were going to say.

ohthatdan fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Aug 30, 2011

ohthatdan
Jan 10, 2007

...Soldering Iron...
The plot synopsis for Puppet Master X sounds ridiculous, as I'd hoped. Something about the Nazis making their own puppets strikes me as hilarious. Can't be any worse than the one with Corey Feldman that was on SyFy RIGHT???

ohthatdan
Jan 10, 2007

...Soldering Iron...
Was it TNT or USA that would do a Friday the 13th marathon on the actual date? I remember coming home from school and making an entire night of that, so I think I will bring out the box set to reminisce.

Never forget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohthatdan
Jan 10, 2007

...Soldering Iron...
Can we all agree though that the greatest horror movie 80s synth is the soundtrack to Halloween III?