Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killfast37
May 7, 2007
I went to see this tonight with a bunch of friends. The theater had a good amount of people there but they were not too vocal besides my bunch of friends and some people rows below us. It seemed everyone was having a good time though. All of my friends agreed that it was hilarious and very entertaining. I'm a huge fan of slashers and I've got to admit this one really delivered the goods. Lots of kills and plenty of gore. The whole thing was so loving 80s it was great. 8/10 in entertainment value. I really hope there is a sequel. I need more slashers with Jensen Ackles killing the poo poo out of people with a pick axe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killfast37
May 7, 2007

frozenpeas posted:

It's not quite a slasher, but Splinter is a nice indie horror movie with some really good special effects.

Good gore, likable characters that the actors really dig into and very little silliness until the end (When it does get a bit silly).

Worth a watch as long as you don't expect too much.
I've seen this movie recommended on a bunch of top 10 horror movies of 2008 lists. I'll have to check it out. It looks like it will be a fun horror film.

Killfast37
May 7, 2007

Whispering Machines posted:

What are peoples thoughts on The Strangers? A couple months ago I went home for a night and my mum had rented it from Blockbuster Online (she pretty much just rents all the new releases without really looking at the titles... we get some strange movies) and I didn't think it was too bad.

Not incredible or anything, but I liked the two actors in it and the isolation creeped me out. I don't like being in an empty house/apartment because I like having some activity and noise around so the parts when Liv Tyler was alone and wondering when her boyfriend would get back and hearing noises were pretty creepy.

I give it points for being the only movie that I have seen (there's probably others, I just haven't seen them) where, once she realized that something wasn't right, she slipped out of the slinky nighty and actually put some drat jeans and a tshirt on.
I went to see it in theaters and thought it was alright, but not something I would watch a second time. My problem with it was the predictability and the fact that the "strangers" seemed to know every possible outcome and accounted for everything like they knew how everything was going to happen. Even at the end where they hint at that being their first kill. Also that ice cream never melted.