Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
I'm not quite sure why Butterfly Effect is even mentioned in a thread about slashers. I haven't seen the second part...did they completely change the genre for that one?
I liked the first one a lot, and it proved to me that Ashton Kutcher is not completely untalented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Pillowpants posted:

I've watched the first six Jason movies, and I'm currently watching the 7th movie. The biggest issue I have is that he has super strength and gets shot like 15 times in part six, only for him to actually struggle to overpower Tommy at the end.

Well, that's where the series went after part 5. I can't really say I liked it, so I'm happy that, from what I've read here, the remake is more like part 1-4.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Darko posted:

Blah, I mean, I'm an 80's kid so me going to see it is a given, but I'm disappointed by the lack of 'dream imagination' (CG advances should let them go hog wild with the dreams), amount of apparent jump scares (which Freddy was never really about), and that every death I glimpse seems to just be a remake from the first movie as opposed to something new and interesting.

While all of your remarks are certainly not wrong, I still think the second trailer looks a whole lot better than the first one. I'm not really surprised about the death scenes being mostly remakes. It's a remake/reboot after all, not a sequel, and it's not sticking TOO closely to the original either. I also like that they've decided to make Freddy a bit less of a jokester, some of the original movies really got a lot too silly.