Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Just got back from the 10pm local showing. What a loving blast, I absolutely loved the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Slasherfan posted:

What where the screenings like you guyswent to? How full? How did audience react to movie?

The theater was packed with people. This was in Miami.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Slasherfan posted:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/finaldestination5/

Trailer!

This entry looks really good, very impressed by the trailer, looks a lot better then Final Destination 4, can't wait to see how the rules have changed.

Calling Candyman/Coroner to be death at the end in some sort of twist. While I am very excited for this movie, I am not excited for this twist.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Technetium posted:

House on Haunted Hill? :haw:

I'm 24 years old now. I went to the theater alone to watch that when I was 12 years old. I was thoroughly freaked the gently caress out if I recall correctly.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

bathhouse posted:

Love it.

This will probably get taken down, but here is the Evil Dead trailer:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xucxpa_stuff_shortfilms

I'm not sure what the Discusso etiquette on this is. Someone hand filmed it at the panel from New York Comic Con. The trailer is supposed to come out around Halloween, i think. Looks scary awesome.

Wow I had no idea that this was happening seriously and in such an awesome way.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Can you guys please explain what you took from The Innkeepers that made you enjoy it so much? I thought it was shot nice but all in all I don't see why this is "horror" or even a good movie at all.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Regarding The Innkeepers:

I thought there was going to be a twist where the guy was also a ghost. When she's doing her thing in the second act there's that one scene where they switch to the front desk and show a note stating the staff would be back at 7AM. I thought they alternated 7-7 shifts? Where one would work 7AM to 7PM and the other from 7PM to 7AM.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
For whatever reason I subscribe to the Full Moon newsletter thing they send out every other week it feels like. I thought it was funny that they're apparently they're starting a video streaming service for their complete catalog for a low, low price of just $6.99 a month. :what:

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Had a super productive Sunday and watched Curse of the Puppet Master on Netflix and also watched the first Hellraiser for the first time. Holy poo poo what an amazing movie. I'm definitely going to watch the rest of em. (The only one I've watched before is whichever had the two dudes twisted into eachother. And that was years and years ago.)

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Yeah Puppet Master v. Demonic Toys is a shitshow, and then you look back and there's like fourteen other movies. gently caress that.

Wait are you trying to say that you do not enjoy the Puppet Master series? :(

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I watched Hellraiser 2 this afternoon. That movie is hot poo poo IMO. What do you guys see in it? I was so bored halfway through I could barely keep attention.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Basebf555 posted:

Well both of the first two Hellraiser movies are "slow" if you compare them to most horror movies. But you're saying that you really liked the first one right? That's weird because they feel pretty similar to me until that the last third of Hellraiser 2.

That's basically where I was bored with it. Maybe it was the special effects in hell or whatever but I felt it was rather cheesy.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I remember when I rented the VHS tape of Cube when it was still a new release at Blockbuster. I would end up being so excited as the sequels would release and I'd find them on the shelf. Too bad with each sequel came more and more disappointment.

There's something to be said about the movie night experience of going to a Blockbuster and browsing the different sections and being surprised or delighted at what you'd find.

Although I do believe I was reading SA when Zero came out and saw the forum poo poo all over it.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
We Are What We Are was fairly enjoyable. Weird ending but I enjoyed it overall.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I really enjoyed The Den. That was a good recommendation, especially for horror on Netflix. I find it's kind of a bitch to find something decent horror related on there.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I watched At the Devil's Door last night and...what a boring piece of poo poo. There were some nice shots and I dug the creature design but overall I felt like it was more of a waste of time than not.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
What are the current favorites on Netflix streaming? I've been looking for something to watch but slogging through all the bullshit sucks and it feels like everything is like 1 or 2 stars.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kvlt! posted:

AMC's horror streaming service Shudder is now open to the public. I just bought a month of it. They have Basket Case, I'm sold!

E: After checking out the movies I'm pretty stoked. A few the same as Netflix but enough that aren't on there to justify the price, for me at least.

Is this going to be available on any home streaming devices? (Apple TV and PS4 are what I have)

Edit:

Zwabu posted:

These are the ones I consider best out of what's on Netflix (US) streaming right now:

Let the Right One In
Hellraiser
The Exorcist
The Omen
Black Sunday
Rosemary's Baby
Housebound
The Babadook
Mimic

More comedic than scary but still Good Fun:

Dead Snow 1 and 2
The Host
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil

I've seen all of the ones mentioned by you guys except for Dust Devil, The Omen, Black Sunday and Rosemary's Baby :( (and the horror comedy stuff but I'm kinda indifferent to that genre)

Shampy fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 20, 2015

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
What's the horror discord? Went back 5 pages and went over the first post on page 1 but didn't notice any link.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
We watched Blood Shack starring the Chooper and Child's Play 2. It was fun and I actually learned a couple things. Wish I had known about the channel before.

Pope Guilty posted:

I watched that Temple movie that's on Netflix, about three American tourists who go to an old Shinto temple in the mountains and bad things happen. It's really bad. The "twist" ending is obvious about twenty minutes in, the film takes forever to actually do anything or get them to the temple, and it's never really clear why anything's happening. Compare to Noroi, another film with a plot about an abandoned Shinto temple, where the protagonist figures out what happened and why- instead these dudes went to a place, they had asinine conflict, and then bad things happened to them for no reason. Once it gets "good" it's still slow and boring. There's one semi-okay effects shot of a monster but it's like three seconds long so it doesn't even have that going for it. Just boring and bad all over.

e: Also we see the monster again a minute or two later, and it's a silhouette, and it's moving, and it looks jerky but in a "we're poo poo at animation" way, not in a cool "it's not human so it doesn't move like a human" way.

I really wanted to like this movie but I found it pretty boring also. Shame too since I think the idea of a Japanese movie starring Americans is neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
redacted

Shampy fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 15, 2017