Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

j0hnplayaplaya posted:

As a fan of the show Supernatural it will be funny to see Jensen Ackles in My bloody Valentine, and Jared Padalecki in Friday the 13th. It will be hard to not think of them as the Winchesters and fear for their survival. On another note, from the end of the trailer for Friday the 13th it looks as though they made Jason a little faster.

I did a little happy dance when I saw Padalecki was in Friday the 13th. I had no idea, and he's my favorite Winchester boy after all. From the previews they're making it out for him to be one of the one's who makes it out, what with the whole "who took my sister, I'll find my sister, I found my sister" thing.

And yeah I'm totally sold on My Bloody Valentine 3-D because the concept is hilarious to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Aggro posted:

Oh well -- it was good fun; my friends and I laughed our asses off the entire time and made the people next to us uncomfortable by cheering when people got pickaxed instead of cringing.

I laughed pretty heartily at most of the kills, along with the screaming I was doing. The poor people behind us were probably pretty worried about me and my friend.

We got a nice preview for Friday the 13th too, so it was overall a great experience. I haven't had that much fun at the movies in a long time!

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Gyges posted:

It was more that the obvious choice had all the clues pointing away from them, and even the flashbacks to show how he did it all didn't really jive with what happened. Everything was pointing towards Axel or Harry Warden, with the few hints toward Hanniger being contradicted by the rest. If they wanted a real surprise twist they should have gone with the black deputy.

That's who I really thought it was throughout the entire movie. I couldn't believe they were going to be so obvious, but it was ok because I love Jensen Ackles and any excuse to see him in another movie is a good thing. Even if he's playing a murderous psycho

Also the dwarf kill sent me into a ridiculous fit of giggles. There were so many excellent ones. I was glad to see that the dog (LOUIS!) made it though.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

To bring this discussion back to Friday the 13th, the majority of reviews sent into AICN were positive.

This gives me great glee and hope.

The one review on Rotten Tomatoes is one of those "IT'S A CLASSIC FOR A REASON RAAAAAAAAAAAARGH" so he didn't seem to like it much. I'll be interested to see how it fairs on the horror film sites.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

I saw this with a sold out show. It was loving amazing.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Muley posted:

just not a movie for little kids.

Well no. Generally movies about monster-like serial killers with a penchant for nasty bloody kills and lots of boobs and drug use isn't for kids of any age (14 and down I suppose).

Parents piss me off sometimes.

Why the HELL would you take a child to see something this nasty and gory is beyond me. How irresponsible can you get??

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

evilontwolegs posted:

They did the exact same thing here in DC -- those were the two stand-out moments in terms of audience reaction.

Those, and Lawrence fighting back. He almost made it too, until the axe to the back. People were cheering though at his initial stand. It was pretty cool to experience. This is a movie that definitely benefited from being with the right audience.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

The Remote Viewer posted:

I'm a still a little upset about the bugzapper tease in F13.

They have to save SOMETHING for the sequel.

(I was disappointed too :( )

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Hockles posted:

I was super excited to hear about Scream 4. Then I saw the trailer, and went "ehh." I'm really disappointed now.

I had the opposite reaction. I was horrified when I heard about the new movie, but the trailer looks a lot of fun. The meta appears to have returned, what with the new rules.....does this even need to be spoiled? so I'm actually pretty thrilled with the trailer.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

foodfight posted:

New Cabin in the Woods poster: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52138

I'm actually kindof excited about this. That poster is like Inception meets Evil Dead.

I very well may tear up a bit when I see the "Grr, Argh" at the beginning of the film. I thought Mutant Enemy died with Joss' TV endeavors, but there it is, listed on the bottom of the poster!

Also, I have next to no idea what this movie is about, and I kinda want to keep it that way because Jesus Christ it'll be entertaining as hell to see tabula rasa.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

The Cabin in the Woods is getting glowing reviews.

I'm so excited I don't even know what to do with myself. Seeing positive comparisons to my favorite slasher of all time (Scream) is doing nothing to tamper my excitement.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Do yourself a favor and see this opening weekend in a theater with a crowd if you can. It's a blast to see it with a crowd.

This is my absolute favorite way to see a horror film. I'll be there opening night.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

foodfight posted:

Gonna try and go see it this weekend as well. I don't usually go see horror in the theater because it means I go alone (no one I know is a horror fan) but I'm making an exception for this.

That's me right this instant. Movie starts in half an hour and there are three people in the theater including myself. Depending on how much I like it, I may see it tomorrow night too.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Holy God. Cabin in the Woods. Holy GOD! The third act. Jesus.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The best gross out B movie in the last couple of years is probably Cabin Fever 2.

Slither would totally like a word with you. I laughed so hard I cried watching Slither.

That bitch is hard core!

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Spent this afternoon bored out of my skull so I went through netflix to see if I could see any interesting horror flicks.

I came across Muoi: The Legend of a Portrait. (The link is spoilerific, be careful going in)

Asian horror isn't my typical bag, as I find that it usually tries way way too hard to be booooooscary, but I thought it was nicely creepy. There's something juuuust off from the very beginning and the sense of unease increases greatly throughout the film. The scenery in the movie is nice too, covering everything from universities, to an old rural house or two, to an ancient Vietnamese temple.

But really if the dude had just finished her portrait all of this could be avoided dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

weekly font posted:

One of the dudes on my podcast with me was really hesitant to do Silent Hill 2 because it was a horror movie. I was like, dude, no it isn't.

This is from several pages back and is only slightly related, but I think one of the most effective "OHHOLYSHIT" moments in recent horror was the janitor in the first Silent Hill movie. I remember seeing him and thinking that he was seriously creepy and then he started to move!

Edit: and on the horror with humor thing, Silent Hill has the best use of Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash.

I've not actually seen the second one, but if he'd seen the first one, I can see where the hesitation lies.