Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

InfiniteZero posted:

I'd go on the Friday if you want the genre crowd.

Even better option (if you live in Toronto) -- go and see the original, uncut film at The Bloor on Thursday.

Oh nice, I might check this out! Thanks for the heads up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

I saw it tonight and enjoyed it, if it wasn't in 3D though I probably wouldn't of liked it as much. The 3D effects were really fun.

But in other news, the Friday the 13th bluray has been reviewed at DVDbeaver, and it looks great.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

knifehitz posted:

I'm going to wait for 4, 5, and 6 to come out on Blu-Ray (I hope). They are my favorites. I never get why 5 has such a bum rap, I always loved it. It's just fun to watch, tons of kills and it doesn't take itself to seriously. Bonus points for "awesome boobage" too.

I really like part 5 as well. It's like an episode of Scooby Doo.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Slasherfan posted:

French Poster for Final Destination 4 is quite nice. I normally don't like the throw pretty cast on the cover thing but it looks nice. Like the skeleton thing in the puddle.

I dont like it just because no one would ever pose like that on a race car track. They really dont seem like they plan on trying to cheat death for long with that attitude.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

I watched Halloween 2 this afternoon and hated it. My main gripe with the movie was that it was too dark! Not content wise, because it's just a big 'whatever', but most of the scenes are really grainy and gloomy and you can't really tell what's happening.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

jeremy oval office posted:

After a second viewing of The Last Exorcism, I'm convinced it was one of the three or four best horror films of 2010, right along side with Shutter Island, Let Me In and Black Swan. Great acting, clever trickery and an ending that's hinted at within the first 10 minutes, meaning it doesn't cheat. loving fantastic.

2009 was an excellent year for above-average horror films that neared perfection, but 2010 gave us a handful of masterpieces.

I rewatched this a couple of nights ago and enjoyed it even more as well. I'd like to see Patrick Fabian in more movies. What hints at the ending though? I'm drawing a blank. I really liked that we only knew as much as the film crew did throughout.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

jeremy oval office posted:

Yeah, we're explicitly told people worship all sorts of crazy poo poo in this area because of the confluence of different cultures who have colonized the area.

Blank filled in, skimmed through the starting again and :doh:

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Mouser.. posted:

I've seen a lot of people talking about Never Sleep Again and am interested but 240 minutes seems incredibly long for a documentary on this subject. So just figuring from stereotype, are there montages that last forever and fluff subjects being covered for an hour ? (Fluff meaning a talking head going on and on about how difficult it was to get the right lighting or long interviews with the foley artist. This may not be fluff to some, this is my subjective opinion.)

It's actually pretty light on the fluff given the run time, I found most of it fun to watch, especially the stuff on part 2 and Renny Harlin.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Xandoom posted:

How's Philosophy of a Knife and The Men Behind the Sun? Sorry been asking for a lot of reccomendations today, going on a big DVD splurge.

They're disgusting, you'll love them. Philosophy is four agonizing hours long.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Survival of the Dead is pretty bad but it's not as bad as Diary. It looks like he's pretty much done making movies though which is a good thing.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Last Exorcism II chat:

The part where she pops the restraint and takes the demon's hand is SO GOOD. That is all.

I hated this movie but that part almost jolted me back to consciousness.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

caiman posted:

Okay I think I'm about finished watching movies from "most disturbing" lists. Nekromantik was one of the worst movies I've watched in a while.

It's so bad, That ending is something else.

^^ The Death King is okay, the guy's best movie is Schramm though.

E.G.G.S. fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 4, 2013

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Xandoom posted:

Is there any way I could watch Planet of Terror without that annoying as gently caress "grindhouse" filter that they have over the entire movie?

On the standalone bluray release you can watch it without the filter.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

caiman posted:

Whoa, is this true? If so then I retract my smart rear end reply from earlier.

It is!

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

I like the Cat People remake more for all of the wrong reasons. The Blob remake is much better as well, it's vicious for a movie about pink goo.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Nekromantik is horrendous and hilarious. Do it.

Edit: I've responded more than once to Nekromantik posts in this thread, blech.

E.G.G.S. fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 7, 2013

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Psychic girls were the worst thing to happen to 80s horror. I hope they release the rest of the Friday 13th movies separate so I can just get 4 and several copies of 5 because it's the best one.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Sleepaway Camp is a real hoot and a holler, someone must've switched the wardrobe for the boys and girls.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

The People Under the Stairs.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Psycho III and IV are really good as well, when they have no right to be.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

ravenkult posted:

Can I get some recommendations for Friday the 13th knockoffs? I'm looking for a slasher flick that takes place in camp (I don't remember any scenes, just that it was a camp) but I also like Jason knock offs.

I've seen The Burning and Sleepaway Camp.

Madman and The Mutilator come to mind.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Yeah but those are not romantic like, Lucker.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

Cabin Fever ...

According to Criticker, I enjoyed the second one more, but I have no memory of the second one, as it's been about four years.

The first one sucks and is boring annoying garbage, you're not wrong. I like the second one because it's Carrie if Carrie was a flesh eating disease.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Maniac Cop 3 is better than 1 and 2, a large part because of Robert Davi. It's more of a John Woo action film than horror though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Seeding a Ghost was like the Thing had sex with Riki-Oh inside a haunted Mahjong parlor. So it was great is what I'm trying to say. Thanks thread!