Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

BaseballPCHiker posted:

I was mostly interested in it for relatives/friends computers but after looking at it and hearing some feedback, formatting and reinstalling is totally the way to go. Quicker and more effective. After arguing back and forth with OSI bean Dip I've just continued with my advice of installing ublock and telling people to watch what they click on, that and MSE running unobtrusively in the background. If someone really bugs me because they think free=bad I'll just tell them MalwareBytes or Kapersky.

make them give you $20 and then pretend to install MSE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Everyone knows that doing things the right way is actually too much work, so we might as well half rear end it.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

redeyes posted:

I've yet to see a boot sector virus or anything like it on systems with secure boot enabled.

Why do so many people in this thread seem to think that "I haven't seen one" is the same as "they don't exist"

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

MF_James posted:

yospos/whateverthefuckitisnow screams of serious posting about serious security seriousness

You'd fit right in, James

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

I'm new to SHSC, is it normal in here to emptyquote and do single emote posts, as well as call people names?

• Locked thread