Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
If NOD32 is dropping the ball, which is the SH/SC goto antivirus now?

Also a lot of people in this thread need to disable autorun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Yes. Turn off autorun.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Disabling autorun is a lot less work than reimaging all the machines.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Why flatten everything when you can use a live CD or plug the hard drive in a healthy system and scan it from there? Rootkits and such can't hide if they're not even loaded.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
The administrator account doesn't lock out.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
I tried to like Foxit but it drove me insane with how it would hang on scrolling until it completely renders a page instead of render it as much as it can and allow free scrolling like Adobe reader does.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_Sans

The guy made it for children cartoon speech bubbles in MS Bob. It's not his fault every idiot on the planet adopted it as a general use font.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
I just use a dozen short strings or so I remember by heart and mix and match em whenever I need to generate a password. I can make absurdly long passwords that are still easy to remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Yeah, I know, but I have never set up lastpass and there is no way I'm going to remember 30-40 passwords, anyone who says they do is a liar.

I had a system. I memorized a dozen strings of different lengths, never writing them down anywhere. I did write myself reminders though, like site XYZ = string 1 + 8 + 4. I kept those reminders on paper. Hundreds of possible combinations with just 12 things to actually memorize.

Install a password manager though.

• Locked thread