Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion

Click here for the full 1080x720 image.

2005 Impreza STi

Currently gutted for a new clutch. Only mod is an Accessport (so stage 1 91 octane map, since I can't find 93 in my area.) Sorry about the bad cameramanship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Oh, I guess I forgot my other ride. :3:

Blackdawgg
May 8, 2004

goatse guy posted:

Is that Westside Volkswagen in Minnesota?

O'Steen VW in Jacksonville, FL

GazChap posted:

2003 Toyota Celica T-sport, all stock.

That is a sharp looking Celica. Did they come from the factory looking like that over there?

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

Vitamin J posted:

What? You don't wanna learn how to drift?

He's waiting until you post your full instructional video.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

not black enough posted:

He's waiting until you post your full instructional video.

*crashes into lamp post*

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

That's me on the left. Note 30 horsepower cold air intake. Only mod so far, but plans are in the works for headers (with side pipes!), new bumpstick, and a light shot of dat noss, maybe 50-75hp. Also springing for some rimz and a drop, along with some cosmetic changes.

fukkin tyte yo

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

japtor posted:

I love mine but I wouldn't exactly consider it a people hauler. It works for 4, but lack of rear doors would make it kind of a pain for more than occasional usage for passengers, and if you ever need more than a little cargo space it's a bit lacking if people are back there. Unless you were talking about a Clubman in which case at least the cargo area looks somewhat decent even with the seats up, I'm not sure how much of a difference the club door makes.

Nah, talking about the regular MCS - the wife hates the proportions of the Clubman. In my book, "peoplehauler" means anything with a backseat that is at all usable for people or things...after all, it would have a cavernous interior compared to either the two-seat Miata or the bench-seat truck.

Pipkin posted:

Your truck rules, hard. Thats my favorite body style for GM pickups.

:patriot:

I hope to fix one of my long-term annoyances with it soon - the wheels. I've always held off on buying or refurbishing my 15" wheels because the tire selection has only gotten worse over the years in the sizes I want to run, but when it comes down to it, I'm not going to have the spare money to even buy decent 17" wheels and tires anytime soon. The paint on them is trashed from decades of brake dust, and the centercaps are iffy, so I'm going to get the wheels powdercoated and install some new centercaps from eBay. That, plus a nice cleaning / reinstallation of the trim rings, should help out a lot for relatively little money spent.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.
1997 Ford F-150 4x4 w/5.4 V8. Generic, yes.
But in 11 years it's been paid off for 3/4 of that which means, gently caress gas prices who cares when you don't have a monthly payment!
Also it has NEVER needed to go into a shop for repairs other than scheduled maintenance and that's with just over 150k miles.
This is from a couple years ago but basically looks the same with some small changes here or there.

2008 Suzuki DL650 vstrom.
Got it new begining of summer to replace my BMW f650 with zero miles and has almost 7k on it already. It's got a few more pieces waiting in the garage to finish it up.

Trying to decide on something fun to pick up this winter to club race etc with.

Tindjin fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Dec 16, 2008

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

My battle wagon.

Going to get it tinted (35%), paint the wheels darker, and throw an engine mount on it over winter hopefully.

LOO
Mar 5, 2004

And '05 Scion tC that I can't be bothered to photograph.

mdk
Oct 5, 2003
mdk
^^ No need to post the Scion, that is just awesome.

I'll have to post mine now.

04.5, just after purchase.
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh235/MDKpb/IMG_2241.jpg

Hm, this seems to be the latest picture I have, I'll have to do something about that next summer.
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh235/MDKpb/DSCN0987.jpg

Vortech supercharger (8psi), Haltech Platinum stand-alone, RC 650CC's, Nismo Exhaust/Stillen Y-Pipe, and of course since I'm a Goon there's a car-pc.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
1988 Mazda 323 GTX new glorious nippon B6T and trans, front mount, going MS and GT25R soon. Has Tokico Dirtra 320 rally shocks, otherwise stock.

1988 Daihatsu Charade CLS. 1.0L with Koni adjustables, homemade strut brace, big rear swaybar. Gets 45+mpg and is great on dirt.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

so I'm going to get the wheels powdercoated and install some new centercaps from eBay. That, plus a nice cleaning / reinstallation of the trim rings, should help out a lot for relatively little money spent.
Are you worried about losing any structural integrity? I'd just paint em myself for the time being until I could afford something else, rattlecan paintjobs on wheels usually turn out reasonable.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...
The current daily:
1966 Chevy Corvair Corsa (stock rated for 140hp)
164ci air-cooled flat 6 with 4 carbs
3.55 posi
4-speed saginaw floor shifted transmission
A/C car (1 of 143!)
Cammed, equal length headers, glasspack "stinger" mufflers
Suspension is worked over a bit, though it needs a lot of new bushings

The other driver, for when it's too cold to deal with no heat (CT winters suck):
1966 Cadillac Coupe DeVille
429ci, stock stock stock stock 4bbl carb

Click here for the full 1200x900 image.

And I'll be damned if I can't call this car my daily driver soon enough:
1965 Buick Wildcat Deluxe Coupe
401 Nailhead motor bored to 409ci
Custom Ground cam
2x4 Intake, longtube headers
Nearly every option possible on the car except the 425ci motor (A/C, power windows, cruise control, posi, auto transmission, dual exhaust, AM/FM)

I just need to get the engine back in it, and send it off for paint! God willing, that'll be by summer's end.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

CamH posted:

1973 240Z. Crappy cell phone pic because I broke my digital camera. L28ET, Tokico Illuminas, ST Springs, ST sways, ZG Flares, Motegi Tracklite II's, currently getting Megasquirt treatment. Hoping to have her running again next weekend! I also have a polyurethane front end that I am supposed to put on it sometime.

LOO posted:

Hey there S30 buddies!

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."
My Daily Driver;
1989 MR2 N/A

Currently down after it broke a piston ring on #3, prior to that it blew a headgasket and hosed the block (Broken Headbolt). :(

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

My now gone toy/former daily driver;
1995 S10 w/ Cam,Intake,Carb,etc 240+whp 283 SBC 5/spd

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

I miss them both so much.

Kotaru fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Dec 16, 2008

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Yea...this is pretty much the smartest thing I have ever done.

1994 325i

I should take some more pictures at some point. After three and a half years I think this Blackberry picture is the best one.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

My only mode of transportation

Luckily it has a 2-way limited slip diff so the copious amount of snow one gets in this region isn't a problem.

sl0hburn
Aug 3, 2006

I think fast track driving is a little like playing the bagpipes, you know, a gentleman can - but doesn't.

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Not yet. I live in BFE and there is nowhere nearby to get it done.

I'm not really going to do anything else with it performance wise. Just wanted to do a few basic things.

Edit: If I kill you and steal your Brembos, I apologize to your family. That and a 6MT are the two things my car is missing...

Hmm, I have both Brembos and a 6mT and I just signed my life insurance policy....

(honestly my dad has an '06 and the non-brembo's feel better. And I just got my brakes redone)

How does it feel after all that biz? Wanted to dump a super in it not a turbo but its this or my truck, can't decide!!

Eh, sorry about derail.

More pics:
Click here for the full 1172x753 image.

MidasAg
Oct 28, 2007
The Man of Silver

ROFLBOT posted:

2x UZZ31 Soarers -

The daily...

Dear god, what is the american market version of this. I am going to assume some sort of Lexus? I have been looking for a neat, fast little/big daily driver so I can do more work on the current daily driver.

The daily driver being nothing too extravagant, and being rather bland, But I have watned one for so long, call it the red neck in me. I just love it, and have some big plans for it. Its going to go one of two ways. If the plenum gasket fix fixes the 3 quarts in 250 miles oil consumption, its getting a bigger lift, rust fix, and complete detail. If not, its getting a new worked over wild engine. I have a feeling the gasket fix wil work though. I hope so.

Picture from this summer. I have since cut the rather obnoxious tail pipes off under the bed. Edit: it fits in the garage, barely

and yes, it does see off road action, and is not a pavement queen. I will take it anywhere, anytime.

MidasAg fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 16, 2008

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Yea...this is pretty much the smartest thing I have ever done.

Flyboy925 posted:

I will take it anywhere, anytime.

Except maybe into your tiny garage.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

My daily driver, an 07 4Runner (Taken when I picked it up from the dealer when it was fresh of the boat from Nippon). It now sports some nice black steelies and winter grips. It kicks rear end in winter.

My summer toy, a 1999 ST1100

MidasAg
Oct 28, 2007
The Man of Silver

ynotony posted:

Except maybe into your tiny garage.

Actually, surprisingly, it clears on all 3 sides, l/r/top by 3 inches or so. I know if I have my sun roof up and back, it won't fit. And I got about 9 inches on front/back. Luckily the inside of my garage is bigger than the door, so i can get out once its in there. Now, the new place we're moving to Thursday theres no way I'm even trying to fit in there. The front end may fit for engine work, but otherwise, the garge is now exclusivly the wifes, and she loves that.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Flyboy925 posted:

Dear god, what is the american market version of this. I am going to assume some sort of Lexus? I have been looking for a neat, fast little/big daily driver so I can do more work on the current daily driver.

Lexus SC400

Not exactly the same, but close

Good to see some SC's/Soarers ITT!

Entropicus
Oct 6, 2007

IF THERE'S AN OP, I DIDN'T READ IT. ALSO, I HAVE NEVER USED GOOGLE OR WIKIPEDIA. MIND IF I ASK A FEW QUESTIONS?

I dont have the fog covers on anymore and the headlights are painted white to match the car.

Mods
PERFORMANCE
Deadbolt Enterprises Monster TD04
(Ported and polished TD04 with 5 degree clip)
BPM turboback exhaust w/jet hot coated DP
IC splitter
MRT Inlet pipe
TXS intake pod
Helix uppipe
Kartboy short throw shifter/with bushings+Kartboy knuckleball
STi Group N:
Tranny mount
Engine mount
Pitch stop mount
Sun Auto Blue Hyperground kit
Radiator shroud
Goodridge SS brake lines
American Motorsports blue lightweight crank and alternator pullies
MRT 12lb flywheel
RA gearset Cryoed and micropoished with stock final drive

EXTERIOR
17" Steel grey Rota Battles wrapped in 225/45/17 Sumitomos
OEM upgrade sideskirts
STi grill w/rally blue "I" emblem
Billet WRX front bumper cover
Clear sidemarkers
05 style tailights
CATZ HID's

SUSPENSION
KYB AGX 4 way adjustable struts
Tein S-tech springs
STi rear strut bar
STi front strut bar
Whiteline rear sway bar
Helix endlinks
Whiteline front sway bar

INTERIOR
Autometer Ultra lite boost gauge
Autometer Ultra lite EGT gauge(not installed)
Autometer Ultra lite A/F gauge (not installed)
Viper alarm
Pioneer DEH-P7800MP 50w X 4(Full color LCD)headunit with Ipod module+4GB Ipod
2 12" 1000w Punch HX2 subs w/remote gain
Explod 4 channel 240w amp
Punch 400x amp
Alpine SPS-13CS 175w peak 2 way 5.25inch in the rear doors
Alpine SPR-175 330w peak 2 way 6.5 inch in the front doors

gixxer
Jan 8, 2007
$_$

typical pos dsm with custom junkyard hood. built 2.4, 350awhp dynodynamics on 91oct. it scoots and hasnt really given me any problems since i built it. even drove it from MN to AZ!

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
2002 TJ Magna - The only mod is the 2.5" exhaust and what I was told a 'racing' cat coverter. One day I'll crawl under there and take a closer look.

https://wi.somethingawful.com/fa/fa6d0a681240772710a38d6f86d265bf47fc72c5.jpg

https://wi.somethingawful.com/ad/adfa2014eb9afa883222b72fcaff4af28ed0b151.jpg

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bear scrylls
Aug 28, 2008

tobu posted:

2002 TJ Magna - The only mod is the 2.5" exhaust and what I was told a 'racing' cat coverter. One day I'll crawl under there and take a closer look.
I had a wagon version the same year and colour, it had 225,000 km on it when I sold it and it never had any problems or needed anything other than oil and filter changes for as long as I owned it.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Nissan 180sx, Type X, 97 model. 3" turbo back, manifold, Blow off Valve, Air filter, KYB shocks and Tanabe lowered springs. Going for boost controller and some kind of front mount in the new year, possibly another set of wheels (work XD9s) and 5-stud conversion/4 pot brakes. Best part is fitting my 4x10" bass amp in the hatch for gigging :v:

Suppose I could take some more recent photos too.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

joey deere posted:

I had a wagon version the same year and colour, it had 225,000 km on it when I sold it and it never had any problems or needed anything other than oil and filter changes for as long as I owned it.

I got this with 42,000 on the clock. Just rolled over 80,000 and I've never had a single issue.

Not only that I have the tripmatic auto box which means it's an auto but you choose when the changes happen and aparently it ignores the rev limiter when doing this. The highest I have ever hit on the tacho is 7200rpm in first.

Basically what I think I am trying to say is that these things are tough as nails and dirt cheap. It's my everyday car and my beater in one!

baked
Apr 1, 2005

i took a little nap where the roots all twist; squished a rotten peach in my fist.
2003 XR6 Ford Falcon

4.0L straight-6.

Cocoyofoo
Jun 6, 2006
Joining the jeep army, 4.0 liters of PAIN(at the pump)

Since that picture ive removed the silly side steps and added some OME shocks,I need to at least lower the thing an inch and up the tire size, 31s aren't cutting it.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Blackdawgg posted:

That is a sharp looking Celica. Did they come from the factory looking like that over there?
Yeah, it's basically the same as any Celica made after 2003, it just has T-sport specific alloy wheels on it (17" instead of 16" on the base model) and a two-tone leather interior.

In 2005 they released a Celica GT in the UK, which is essentially the same as mine but has 18" alloys instead of 17", and a much higher rear spoiler, and side skirts.

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

EXCEEDING THE LIMIT? I'LL RUN YOUR ASS OFF THE ROAD 'CUZ I'M A PASSIVE-AGRESSIVE SPHINCTER-SUCKER. I FEEL INADEQUATE AS A MAN.
For driving up hills:

For driving to work

For the wife to drive to work

For burning fuel, rubber and money

The last one there is a 1969 Torino GT. Originally a 351W with auto trans, drum brakes and a bench seat.

Its latest incarnation has a 414ci stroker, computer controlled automatic trans, all new suspension and 4 wheel wilwood brakes. A set of factory bucket seats in the new interior. Still searching for a factory console. I've added a wideband air/fuel controller with data logging to get the carb dialed in, but I suspect I'll move to fuel injection before getting that perfect.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man
Couple more pics of the project:

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
95 200SX SE-R

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

It's not pretty, but it runs pretty good. I/H/E, springs/struts. Owner that doesn't drive it enough. Not shown: Rust, awful paint, and front end damage.

2006 BMW F650

Click here for the full 1632x1224 image.

70mpg of fury! Currently 40 miles away in hibernation :(

Not pictured: Wife's 99 Cavalier.

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001
1984 Porsche 944

'86 Turbo suspension & brakes, 30" & 22" sways, MSD, 993 Turbo Twist wheels

1993 Jeep YJ

pretty much stock, 280K miles

They trade daily driving duties depending on weather conditions but surprisingly both run very well.

PCJ-600 fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 17, 2008

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

Varvs posted:

Best part is fitting my 4x10" bass amp in the hatch for gigging :v:

I used to carry a ridiculous amount of bass gear in my 240SX. Upright + 112 cab and head + stool, or an SWR 6x10 speaker cab + two basses + six space rack. Surprisingly great cars for hauling stuff.

edit:

MrSaturn posted:

The current daily:
1966 Chevy Corvair Corsa (stock rated for 140hp)

Your Corvair is awesome.

DEUCE SLUICE fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 16, 2008

wwb
Aug 17, 2004

I'm appalled by the lack of e39 love in this thread. Moreover, Christine is very angered by the lack of e39 love in this thread. This is Christine:

She is a 2002 530 with the sports package (and just about every other option save the hifi sound system and folding rear seats).

Here's a side view too. Look at the motherfucking wheels.

Christine feels better now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pete0r
Oct 6, 2003
me

tayLOVE posted:

yeah homie

95 Volvo 850 turbo w/ipd exhaust + reflash. Next up is suspension work but I'm poooooor

*oil on the ground is not from my car okay thanks*

sup.

95 Volvo 850 Turbo with flashed ECU by speedtuning (previous owner..) and not much else. I've put ~40k on it in the last 3 or so years. Wish I had roof racks :(

Click here for the full 800x600 image.