Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parabellum
Feb 26, 2004
Si Vis Pace

madgarbage posted:

Getting kinda sick of having only jap cars, wouldnt mind importing a late 70's TransAm from the States. Is ebay the best place for private/small yard car sales in America or what?

I would check craiglist actually. Lobsterboy and the SoCal crowd might be some help, Im in the same boat and would have been in California now if not for the market crash..

Nice toys by the way

The '49 Holden which never sees sunlight too much and the daily, a '63 Holden. This is an old shot, its got Sampson 14" superlight racers on it now.

The latest shot of the project car, which can be found here
It's stalled a bit over christmas, the interior guy is on holidays :sigh:

Parabellum fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Dec 17, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007

2000 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner
3" suspension lift, Bilstein 5100 shocks, custom tube work by me, lots of lights

not shown: 3 Hella 500s up front, red tinted tails, power seats from a Thunderbird SC, and I sold the tailgate.

Here is a bad pick of a mockup of the wheels, and you can see the sliders:

Blooot
Mar 19, 2001

joey deere posted:

No, they're broken. Like you said you can open them if you go 'open image in new tab' or whatever.

Sorry about that, thought that I could direct link through my Picasa account -- I guess not. Fixed now.

Blooot posted:

Totally stock Schwartz 120k mile 1991 318is grocery getter and part time commuter soon to be Tahoe road tripper. For some reason a PO chromed the wheels, which I hate.

My tarmac rally, hillclimb, trackday fun times EFI L18 powered 1972 510 offroading in Downieville, CA.

Getting down to bidnez on our way to 9th place over all at Targa Newfoundland 2007.

My latest addition a 1987 951. Stock but with awesome factory options (LSD, Sport Seats being the big 2), in great shape with 98,000 miles and a fresh repaint. The really cool thing is the history.

In 1987, taking euro-delivery in it, my family took a month long vacation with this car; I was 9, my brother 11. That trip was a great childhood memory. We visited lots of race tracks, drove really fast (255kph indicated) on the autobahn, and I got to see a whole lot of western Europe as a little kid.

Here I am in an awesome sweatsuit at a closed mountain pass (in May). Lots of alpine roads were driven. I still have my journal that I wrote from this trip, which is pretty funny to read now.

Since then my dad has kept it as a summer only car taking it to the occasional track day, until 2005 when he decided at the last minute to enter it in the Targa Newfoundland when my brother was headed there with a 240Z. A really nicely integrated cage was welded in (with host of removable bars), and the car was run really hard for 1500km, using up a transmission in the process.

Oh and some bodywork (hence the repaint).

Since then he tidied it up a bit and found its replacement for his 60th birthday this summer, an 07 GT3. With the new p-car on the way the 944 needed a home, and I offered to take her in.

My gf and I now switch up between this in the BMW for getting to work, and it is our weekend GT car. Thinking of doing some hillclimbing and Nevada open road racing in it next summer -- it has the power and aerodynamics that my 510 lacks for these events. It also came with a set of RA-1s on ultra rare Mag alloy 944 Turbo Cup wheels (16x8/16x9) that are taking up space in my apartment and aren't gonna get used up by themselves.

Since getting it in November I've painted the wheels and re-assembled the interior. Have a couple of small issues to take care of, but aside from that it has been awesome to own and drive so far.

Next up is sticking this on the hatch glass. Left over from our trip to Europe in 1987.

Blooot fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Dec 17, 2008

Ration
Dec 3, 2005

My mile could not pump the plumb
My baby: 06 Cobalt SS/SC bone stock, less the tint.

(table breaking snowy picture.)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/prodeg/1117081440.jpg

Before I tinted the windows.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

maxe posted:

ugh

Okay. the price for breaking tables just went up to a week. Please, keep ignoring me and the rules.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
1997 Mazda Miata Speedster Edition. 5MT.

It only has the suspension freshened up with Tokico Illumina adjustable dampers and FatCatMotorsports progressive bumpstops. I have Flyin' Miata adjustable anti-roll bars but am holding off installing them since it will bump me out of stock class.

Wet autoslaloms with a Torsen are super fun.

If your wondering what the front looks like:

Click here for the full 800x532 image.

14 autoslaloms and going strong.

Ziploc fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 17, 2008

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Ziploc posted:

1997 Mazda Miata Speedster Edition. 5MT.

It only has the suspension freshened up with Tokico Illumina adjustable dampers and FatCatMotorsports progressive bumpstops. I have Flyin' Miata adjustable anti-roll bars but am holding off installing them since it will bump me out of stock class.

Wet autoslaloms with a Torsen are super fun.

Ziploc, it seems that once the back end swung around, your passenger flew out.

You should consider installing seatbelts.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

IOwnCalculus posted:

What do you mean regarding structural integrity? The wheels aren't rusty at all (nothing rusts in AZ). I know a rattlecan paintjob can come out well - I'm pretty sure the current paint on them is a rattlecan job my dad did when he bought the wheels in 1990 - but it doesn't hold up well to brake dust. I'm hoping that powder will resist brake dust stains better than spraypaint did...and even if it doesn't, well, I'm going for a dark gray anyway :)
Depending on how the powdercoating is done, the baking temperature could be higher than the heat treatment temperature of the aluminium alloy. You could overage the material, and maybe make it more brittle.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

rear end in a top hat Bicycle posted:

red tinted tails

My taillights always came that way...

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

InitialDave posted:

Depending on how the powdercoating is done, the baking temperature could be higher than the heat treatment temperature of the aluminium alloy. You could overage the material, and maybe make it more brittle.

Heh, aluminum? I'm running '80s GM 4x4 six-lug 15" steel wheels :clint:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

madgarbage posted:

RA28 Celica. Seam welded, 3TGTE conversion, front mount ic, haltech, ct15b off a late 1jzgte, 550 injectors, hilux brakes, disc conversion rear. 2way lsd, blah blah.

Oh god. More photos pleeeeeeasssseeeee..... :flashfap:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
1963 Plymouth Valiant

5" rear drop

225 /6 w/1bbl weber

Vader
Jun 13, 2007

get to da choppa
Japan 98 Spec DC2 ITR

Rosoboronexport
Jun 14, 2006

Get in the bath, baby!
Ramrod XTreme
Now something outside of North America:

Mazda 2 / Demio '08

1.35 liters, 86 hp and 5.5 ltr/100 km

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...

Hugh Malone posted:

1963 Plymouth Valiant

5" rear drop

225 /6 w/1bbl weber

Very nice! Your engine bay looks great, except for that battery brace. You should paint that bastard up! Annnnd maybe invest in a vintage wolf whistle, to match the rest? Slick car, though.

Jeremy360
Jul 24, 2007

07 Cobalt SS/NA Automatic(Worked)

Traded towards
07 Cobalt SS Supercharged(Doesn't work.)

(Her grave, sorry table, I am Canadian)
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/J360/Cobalt/DSCF0290.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/J360/Cobalt/DSCF0291.jpg

My brand loyalty is about as broken as the GM F35 transmission :)

Jeremy360 fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Dec 18, 2008

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

dreesemonkey posted:

95 200SX SE-R

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

It's not pretty, but it runs pretty good. I/H/E, springs/struts. Owner that doesn't drive it enough. Not shown: Rust, awful paint, and front end damage.

Nice 200SX SE-R! One of my best friends has been working on his 98 SE-R for the past few years now ever since he dropped an SR20DET into it. Thank God its almost done, 'cuz I got first dibs in the passenger seat.

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 18, 2008

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Nice 200SX SE-R! One of my best friends has been working on his 98 SE-R for the past few years now ever since he dropped an SR20DET into it. Thank God its almost done, 'cuz I got first dips in the passenger seat.

Sweet beam axle econo box bro, I call first dips in that poo poo when you turbo that sucker.

allWesNoMess
Dec 19, 2007
cut and dry
2007 Mustang GT

2001 Focus (DD)

cranius
Dec 21, 2003

by Fistgrrl
The most recent pictures I've got of my car (now in storage for the winter):

2007 Ariel Atom - Brammo-built ECOTEC #44 (Godspeed my sweet GM prince :911:)

Considered selling it recently for a GT-R....yeah, no.

Edit: forgot car deatails, duh.

cranius fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Dec 18, 2008

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

sigtrap posted:

Okay. the price for breaking tables just went up to a week. Please, keep ignoring me and the rules.

What do you drive?

Zephyris
May 23, 2006

If you only knew the power of...
My 1994 Corvette - Tire Rack knockoff C6 wheels, SLP intake, CAGS, Hawk HPS pads, and gutted cats. Nothing else done.

My 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 - Brand new! Bone stock right now, getting lots of work done to demo products at work. Getting lots of bolt-ons, a 6" lift, 37s, and some other goodies along with some other things.

We got ~22.5 MPG on the way back home over 2200 miles. Having never owned a turbodiesel, I'm a changed man.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Hugh Malone posted:

1963 Plymouth Valiant

5" rear drop

225 /6 w/1bbl weber

This is the coolest car in the thread. Dressed up slant 6s make me happy.

Mack the Knife
Feb 8, 2004

would you like to buy a monkey?
2009 Mini Cooper S

1993 Mustang LX 5.0

Doctor Bud
Jul 25, 2008

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
2004 Honda Civic EX

First ever de-badge attempt. Not too bad.

Junk in tha' trunk!

My dad's truck, 2008 Ford F-150 Limited. Posted up on 22's from the factory. Yahhhh booooiiii!!!

Side angle.

Classy truck, beautiful inside and out. All leather interior with a 7inch Double DIN Touch screen Kenwood GPS. Factory 8inch sub doesn't sound too bad either.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!
zee aych pee

Gelatinous BLOB!!
Mar 13, 2004
Only a couple other Si's?

This is my 2nd car, replacing a '99 cavalier. So far i'm loving the life above 6k, especially in the twisties (although those are hard to find in the praries).

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Doctor Bud posted:

2004 Honda Civic EX

My dad's truck, 2008 Ford F-150 Limited.

I think your Civic's tires have a larger sidewall than the F-150's

Savington
Apr 9, 2007
I'm not Stinkmeister, this title is here so waar can tell the difference between Stinkmeister and myself in mafia games.
'94 Miata with nothing untouched.

Now for photos taken by people who are better at it than I am:

Daily driven and track whored.

Doctor Bud
Jul 25, 2008

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

AF posted:

I think your Civic's tires have a larger sidewall than the F-150's

You sir are right. Mine are 195/60/15, his are 265/40/22. His truck is not going to see any real truck action. It'll haul people, it's nice, and it's a damned street truck. A loving yuppie ride essentially. His company provided it, so no one's really able to complain. We have a 2002 Dodge Durango SLT if we want to take poo poo off the beaten path.

e: Didn't grab pictures of Durango because it was in the garage, and I didn't feel like pulling it out just for that.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Zephyris posted:

We got ~22.5 MPG on the way back home over 2200 miles. Having never owned a turbodiesel, I'm a changed man.

Heh, picked it up in Phoenix I see?

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Doctor Bud posted:

My dad's truck, 2008 Ford F-150 Limited. Posted up on 22's from the factory. Yahhhh booooiiii!!!

Side angle.

Classy truck, beautiful inside and out. All leather interior with a 7inch Double DIN Touch screen Kenwood GPS. Factory 8inch sub doesn't sound too bad either.

WTF. that truck is OBSCENELY big.Every year F150's get bigger and bigger, I wish they would just keep them the same size.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

RealKyleH posted:

What do you drive?

He drives this. And it's 350% awesome.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Doctor Bud
Jul 25, 2008

Oh Em Gee posted:

WTF. that truck is OBSCENELY big.Every year F150's get bigger and bigger, I wish they would just keep them the same size.

It really is massive. It's a beautiful truck, inside and out, but it's a loving tank in size. AWD though, so that's nice. It'll get its rear end moving pretty quick too. All in all, I never complain after driving it, except it gets something to the tune of 13.5mpg mixed driving.

e: In no way is it a sensible truck to own. It is pretty AI.

e2: It has a reverse camera mounted flush beside the tailgate handle. A LCD is built into the rear view mirror to give a view out back with little lines added onto the display to give a good frame of reference. It also has beeping sensors on the inside of the truck if you get within say...3-5ft of something? I forget how close it is exactly, but it's for parking/reverse. Pretty AI in that it's so loving big, it comes with a camera to make sure you don't run over small children, other cars, small delivery trucks, and entire loving countries. God that truck is big.

Doctor Bud fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Dec 19, 2008

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Doctor Bud posted:

e: In no way is it a sensible truck to own. It is pretty AI.

Heh, yeah, it's p. AI if you ask me

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

Doctor Bud posted:

Thread title posted:

Post your own ride!

Cool.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Doctor Bud posted:

e2: It has a reverse camera mounted flush beside the tailgate handle.
So if you need the tailgate down while carrying cargo you have a view of the ground on the camera?

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

add one more to the miata army:
black '97, rollcage, megasquirt, toyota coil packs, IRTB's, and very soon coilovers! :D

air? yes please.

Socracheese fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Dec 19, 2008

efcso
Sep 11, 2001

I'm watching you!
Daily (work) ride - Hilux 3.0TD

Weekend (fun) car - Mazda3 SP23

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N183CS
Feb 21, 2007

MOMS WITH GUNS
One of my daily drivers:
1997 Land Rover Discovery XD: 2" Old Man Emu lift springs, ARB winch bumper with Warn winch, pretty stock otherwise.

My other daily driver:
1983 Land Rover Series 3 109 station wagon. This was the V8 version and the last of the leaf sprung series trucks made. It was a Kenyan bush truck before I got it. It has a Discovery 3.9 V8 in it and is about to go under the knife for a Megasquirt 2.0 injection system to replace the Weber 500cfm 4 barrel that ices up bigtime when I drive it in the rain.
Pre-rebuild:

Post-rebuild:

The summer driver:
07 Honda Ruckus, bone stock and fun as hell. I just got studded snow tires for it, gotta wait for snow before I'll drive it again as $150 scooter tires aren't worth trashing on asphalt.