Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

1996 V6 Camaro, in gently caress Me Red.
Once it gets through the winter I'm going to pump some money into it, torn between leaving the looks alone and going after performance, or just making it not look like a total piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

A picture of my box, airing its own tire up.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
https://imgur.com/gallery/jEjDg

I posted this before, but I’ve gone forward a little with it. Every front bushing has been replaced except for the sway bar bushings. Tie rods. Every ball joint. 16” with dead summer tires have been taken off for 15” with some rubber more weather-appropriate. The neutral / park idle has been fixed; it no longer sits at 3500rpm.

The compressor running the air ride blew up as well. It looked like the Viair 480c so I picked up that rebuild kit - nope, it was an unlabeled knockoff. Replaced with a stopgap Vixen HornZ compressor until I feel like grabbing a pair of heavy duty replacements. Dual-needle air gauges have been relocated to the steering column.

Since I am tacky as gently caress, for every piece of neglect I’ve resolved from the previous owner(s), I’ve added my own. I removed the fenders and bolted down some “repro” Volvo fender mirrors. The interior LEDs are switched out with some purple ones. I found a used carbon-fiber hood for $100 to replace the rusty, dented one.

Now that I’ve fixed the air ride - again - I have to remount the compressor tank to the rear pillar, build a fake floor for the trunk that I can open into a toolbox for some air tools, and I think I found a rear passenger pillar subwoofer mount and replacement rear speakers for it.

Don’t ruin mod nice cars, IMO.