Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Sure you've all probably seen the 2 threada about it by now, but here's my beast.

1967 VW Type 3 Fastback. Praise the Lowered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I liked how my ride looked in front of these fruit trees where I stopped.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I got my custom plates in today.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

sl0hburn posted:

Low on oil?

:whatup:

Edit: One more for whoring this out.

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 26, 2009

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
All the info on this car is available in the Lowered Expectations project thread. I actually paid what I would consider slightly above average to average price for the vehicle, considering all the problems I've had to fix. Other than the battery tray and under the rear window the car is completely rust free. Give me a city near you and I'll gladly scrounge on Craigslist and the Samba for you, finding cars is so much fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ExecuDork posted:

Holy GRAP you weren't kidding! That's the most detailed, comprehensive wikipedia article about a car I've ever seen. I wish more were like that. I might actually want to look up gear ratios for each OEM transmission for a vehicle, with associated dyno output. :stare:

The Gen II Ridgeline is listed with a curb weight similar to my Ranger's*, 4,242–4,515 lb (1,924–2,048 kg) - when I had my Ranger weighed at the dump before registering it in Ontario, it was 2,055 kg with me, half a tank of fuel, and some crap in the back seat in it. So despite the puffy fatness and high beltline that modern safety standards (perhaps) impose, the Ridgeline is fairly similar to the 20-years-ago "compact" trucks I've been thinking about. My truck's bed is 6 feet long, though, and modern trucks have a more cab-favoured ratio of peoplespace-to-cargospace.

*The wikipedia article for the Ford Ranger is the least detailed, least comprehensive wikipedia article about a widely-available, mass-produced car from a major manufacturer that I've ever seen.
Yo execudick whatever happened to The Skull?