Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

Haldex Gen II, Modshack VTDA(intake), GIAC flash.

Slow, gay, vw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

Moruitelda posted:

Here's mine!

Only cleared one plate. Oh well.

RIT? I might have pictures of you autocrossing :D

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot
please god tell me that is a v10

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

Dancing Hog posted:

Well I think I see an intercooler, so I'm guessing it's the V8 TDI, they didn't put the V10 in the Q7.

just lie to me and stop ruining the picture :(

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

Hahhaah lovely fwd car.

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

I HATE CARS posted:

I think with that level of stretch on the rear you're supposed to use the word tyte.

Are you sure it's not HELLA tyte

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

lovely picture, more to come when I get around to it.

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

kimbo305 posted:

awesome. Are those the seats or some weird red crash dummies in the car?

It's me, I'm the red fat people seats in the interior. I wish it had recaros :(

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

MrSaturn posted:

Please post a thread, I have so many questions!

I can't make a thread about my specific car yet for legal reasons, but they can generally just be answered with "yes it is as awesome as it looks"

_firehawk posted:

That is so friggen unbelievable. Please tell us you got it with a third pedal though.

:patriot:

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

I HATE CARS posted:

Are you seriously told me that you took multiple bracketed exposures in RAW files using a tripod and then pulled something like that out of it?

To be fair, the car looks like every other lovely VW/Audi picture in this thread.

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

Steve. posted:

I'm loving the R36, it's an enormous step up from a VY Commodore and even from a mark 5 Golf GTI.

gently caress you for even being able to get the R36. Please post pictures :D

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

Steve. posted:

Sure. I've already posted some in this thread (on the first page) but if enough people are interested I'm happy to start an R36 appreciation thread, but I suspect it'll be mostly appreciating my car...

North America didn't get the R36 or R50, or I'd be in one currently. I assume it has DSG?

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot
Hope you didn't steal all those parts!!!

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

Steve. posted:

Yeah, it's the six speed DSG. There is no other gearbox option in any market.

It's an all wheel drive (Haldex) 300 horsepower 3.6 litre narrow angle VR6, more or less the same as the 3.6 VR6 available in the North American Passat but tweaked a bit. VW Claim 0-100km/h in 5.6 seconds for the sedan and 5.8 for the wagon. Apparently that's accurate, but I can't be sure. It's quick enough, but it's too heavy to punt through corners like a Golf GTI or something. It's a great tourer, though.

I haven't driven the R50 but the thought of it makes me very happy... twin turbo V10 diesel! Dad has had a diesel Q7 for years but unfortunately it's not the V12 diesel.

Bah, 300 and still doesn't get under 5.5s like the MK5 R32. My .:R was a perfectly good touring machine, but it let me down when it came to the haldex awd system, shifting, and general feel. Even fitting it with a new controller doesn't make up for the fact its STILL front wheel drive biased in the end. It's sad such good sounding, but wasteful engines are on their way out.

e:...:..:.:..:.>:::::::::::::...:rR

Hatebreed fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 24, 2009

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot
seriously gorgeous benz

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

EL Bombastico posted:

no more tiny convertibles for me! :woop:

White is the best color! :D
:gay:

picked it up on saturday

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

DropShadow posted:

Congrats. I miss my MkV GTI a lot, and the MkVIs look great. I'm really hoping the Golf R makes it here in five-door form and is not terribly expensive (though I'm sure it will be).

Got flashed at APR today. 2 program ecu + delimiting and intake. Waiting til 1k miles to switch over to 93 mapping. Blast of a car and it's certainly a change from my MK5 R32.

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

DropShadow posted:

If I were an APR dealer, I'd set up shop right next to a VW dealer and flag new GTI owners down as they left the lot. How does your new car compare to the R32, especially now that it's chipped?

Without the chip it's slow as gently caress. The brakes are in desperate need of an upgrade, possibly to AP pads or just moving to a decent BBK altogether. It's quite an adjustment from AWD, one I can't quite get over yet. You can feel the power loss when a bunch of people are in the car, and the engine becomes heat soaked quickly.

Barring that, it's a lot of fun. XDS kicks in and destroys any amount of torque steer, the interior is top notch, radio/mfd are definitely better than MK5. I'm 200 miles away from flipping over to APR maps, but I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun once I do.

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

DropShadow posted:

If I were an APR dealer, I'd set up shop right next to a VW dealer and flag new GTI owners down as they left the lot. How does your new car compare to the R32, especially now that it's chipped?

Just hit 1K miles :dance: Already faster than R32.

Hatebreed fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jun 6, 2010

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot
Those fenders don't roll themselves you know..

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

Keepin it ~*FRESH*~

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

A5H posted:

Dude rocking legit tiffs would prolly have some baller rear end BBS' or something though.
*Owns some tiffanys* :smug:

May have a gay vw but I would never be caught dead with lovely nikes.

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

DC Radar SE's with green/teal instead of white.

e: real picture. I'd love to find a updated version of them as they were REALLY bright when new. Now they're beat to poo poo because I don't care about em and I've replaced them with clarks/dressier DCs.

Hatebreed fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 28, 2010

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

MrSaturn posted:

Well his dad financed most of the car so he posted the portion of it that was his you see,

:goonsay:

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot
One could smell the clutch
Whats it like with new chav money?
Someone let me sell drugs

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

DropShadow posted:

Got my new wheels mounted. 19" Rotiform BLQs.

This is why I hate vwvortex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

Ziploc posted:

My mind keeps screaming PHOTOSHOP. They look really weird.

They also look visually heavy.

They look/scream that they're cheap as poo poo and weirdly sized. Why 19x8.5 :iiam: