Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Lilbeefer posted:

I just want to say, I hope only AI posters post here. Christ know goons jump at the opportunity to post photos of themselves every opportunity, especially GBS.

Well I've been posting every once in awhile, and I only read here and SH/SC anyways. Here's my junk: 1965 Impala. Warmed over 327 (though it burns oil recently), TH400, stock pretty much everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

JackRabbitStorm posted:

God I love that restauraunt (if you are a wisconsinite).
Other wise, that statue reminds me of a awesoem pancake house in Wisconsin Dells

poo poo, I thought that was outside the Trees of Mystery tourist attraction in California. (Had to wiki for the name of the place, though.)

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Chill_Bebop posted:

1965 Chevy Impala Wagon

Nice. I like the original valve covers with the shiny new headers look. I've got the opposite look going (PO-installed) and I have to say that I'm tempted to switch it around. I've got the original valvecovers in the garage somewhere, and anything is better than EDELBROCK stamped over everything (except maybe chrome flames).

E: Maybe not, the more I think about it. The PCV valve mounts on the valvecover currently, I think it's on its own stick on the intake manifold originally. Not going to switch back to the stock manifold. Derp. Looks good though, Chill Bebop.

Raluek fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 9, 2009

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

CthulhuBill posted:

I love my AMC.

Oh man, I literally sighed lovingly when I saw your car. What the gently caress does that mean? :gay:

gently caress I love '71-'74 Javelins.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

XCPuff posted:

drat, hehe.

Nice looking vehicle though. Here is mine.

That's a nice red, I haven't seen that color before. I still think they look best in black, though.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

XCPuff posted:

I love this color though, looks like a deep blood red in the sunlight.

That's exactly what it looks like in the pictures, and that's awesome.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

rowebot44 posted:

Here is my car when I picked it up. 2005 Miata in "Black Cherry Mica" otherwise known as purple

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

And here it is as it sits today with another 50,000 miles, Racing Beat springs and anti-roll bars, Hard Dog roll bar, and 6ul wheels with Re-11.

I guess this is also mine but I took all to good bits out.

The good bits are a Lt1.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

And a t56.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

Those are going in to my sisters Nova who just happens to be moving to Oklahoma and leaving the car here for me to put it together. I don't know how soon after I finish the car how fast it will make it out to her. It should be a nice little cruzer down here.

Why'd you go with an LT1 instead of an LS-based engine of some kind? Feel free to take it to the chevy engines thread, but I thought nobody wanted to have anything to do with the LT1. Is it because of the cheaper T56s?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

kimbo305 posted:

And hence why no one wants a ute.

This is unfortunately true. People don't want trucks as practical vehicles for hauling loads and towing stuff (which a ute would work for), they want a big MAH TRUG that stands out from (and above) the crowd of leetle cars. :( Not really the same market.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

deeznuts posted:

My daily driver is a boring but reliable black 2006 Mazda3.

My not boring car is a 1968 Chevelle SS 396. Still a work in progress, but she runs great. Here's a crappy cellphone pic after a fresh wash and wax:

If it's a work in progress, there better be a thread on it next time you do something to it, mister. :colbert:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

-Spiffy- posted:

Just keep an eye out for unmarked police around the ACT. Obviously since they are unmarked its kinda hard.
In the last month, I have seen more people pulled over by a single unmarked Camry than I have seen cruisers.

How does this work, anyhow? I know I would be uneasy as hell to pull over for some generic car just because it has some flashy lights. Stories about people taking advantage of other people by using fake police uniforms could easily be extended to any car, just stick in some flashy blue and red LEDs.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

DropShadow posted:

I'm partial to the '65 but those are some fantastic pieces of iron you've got there.

Yeah, get a black '65 SS and then give me the whole set profit!

e: That '67 is a 396? :neckbeard:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
How 'bout posting that mustang?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Christ is that 'stang clean-looking. I'll leave it to frozenphil to tell me why that's not so, but to me that's gorgeous.

e: How much of it is original?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Dotcom656 posted:

I got this about a month ago.

http://i37.tinypic.com/bg34w1.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/359n8qu.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/2z6fbed.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/2rhrct3.jpg

(My old ride is hiding in those pictures too.:ssh:)

I hope it's the Mustang. Even if it's not, post pictures of that too.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
If you're actively working on it, you should post a project thread.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Did an irresponsible thing and got a toy over the weekend. Gonna be a project for sure.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

It's missing some stuff....

But I've got some things that look like they're about the right size for that hole.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
That's straight pimpin'.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Scottish_Loser posted:

I don't know it's very tight in there as is. I can't even reach all the spark plugs :saddowns:

A 406 is no larger than a 305. Same external size. It's just a .030 over (I think) 400cid SBC.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Also consider a 383 as a budget option.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

nerdly_dood posted:

Hey, I learned to drive in my dad's ancient (1995) Chevy pickup

Hahaha what

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

crutt posted:

00 Miata LS

Needs more power.

I think your trim level is a pretty good hint as far as how to fix that problem.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Nice car, I haven't seen a two door of those either. What's up with the rear wheel gap? Looks like you're braking hard, but you're only parking hard.

e: For new page, this picture:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
You definitely want to do a 350 swap. Yank something out of a truck, they're cheap. Way better than the 305 you have, and you can leave it stock or build it for as much power as your budget can handle.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Maybe go with a spreadbore 4-barrel on that 390, tiny primaries for highway cruising but monster secondaries to take advantage of your cam and compression. Might be cool.

Really neat cars, nobody has old Mercurys (Mercuries?) around here.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
^^^ At lest your Chevy has a motor in it, mine doesn't.

Das Volk posted:

Around here (silicon valley) we assume you're either gay, a hipster, both, or an up-and-coming yuppie. I realize not everyone there is one of those things but going to your campus seriously reinforces those stereotypes. Also I didn't get the impression they paid you guys all that well - stock options?

[timg]https://wi.somethingawful.com/ca/cad303407ece1ebbb41952c58c612a6fab4f4555.jpg][/timg]

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

PyroslasherX posted:

Yea, it does have a motor, but it does have a number of things wrong with it. Where as the next time i turn it on, im going to basically have to replace it. Certain swing arms and brackets have managed to become fused together in ways that should have never happened. But hey, projects are fun.

Is that your truck? cause if so, even without and engine that is a slick truck. Just get like a $1500 crate engine, and that could be a fun truck.

The truck's my dad's, I was just kind of digging at DV about the apple logo. The Impala in the corner's mine, and while it does have a motor it's not drivable due to some nasty noises. It's got some stuff in the works, though. I've also got a Chevelle with no motor, that one's on the back burner while I work on the Impala.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

baw posted:

Neat. Any particular go-fast bits, or just a mild 350? The wheels really suit it. Gonna paint it, or are you just gonna rock the primer?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
I guess I've not been paying attention. You are settling down again? In what part of the world?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Doesn't everyone just call it by its RPO? People call the entire LS-derived family "LS1" even if it's not, strange that they call an actual LS1 "the 350" as if it's the same as the gen1 motors.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Obviously this person has never added 'speed holes' to his car.

It's easy to see who's been to the track and who hasn't.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

sadnessboner posted:

Even beside the fact that you're car is awesome, there's nothing cooler in my mind than someone using an old car as a daily.

Especially when it's a lowrider six-fo. Not a whole lot cooler than that.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Personally I'm really impressed that you were able to get the police to go out and actually do something about it. Also I really like the idea of "only" 580rwhp. You bastard. :allears:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
I guess money really does buy happiness.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

rear end in a top hat Bicycle posted:

Here's my stupid car as of this weekend.

I was going to warn you that stupid rusted hoods are frowned upon here, but then I saw who you are. Is this how it's going to stay, or is this only the beginning to a glorious.... thing? :allears:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

rear end in a top hat Bicycle posted:

Yeah, it's the start of something retarded. One of the selling points of the car was that the paint was shot. :eyepop:

Can't wait :getin:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

The Third Man posted:

Nope, car interiors should be black or brown :colbert:

goddamn kids

What about blue cloth? I have no complaints about mine, except for the hole worn out in the foam underneath the driver's portion of the front bench.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

jhcain posted:

The interior is the primary reason I wanted one of these cars. 4 "bucket" seats, a full length console, and the rear seats fold forward to give over 7 feet of clear cargo space (when you also drop the trunk divider.

I love the dash on those cars. Have any pictures of it lit up?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

jhcain posted:

I've had to send an Oil Pressure and Temperature gauge off to be rebuilt and have the needles repaired, but here's the bulk of it:

The original EL power supply worked fine once I disconnected the 2 shorted needle elements.

I'm going to roll it a couple hours down the interstate tomorrow - will report mileage. I'd guess 10 or so - it's a 440, but the current 3.23 is a decent enough highway gear.

Yesssss. I'm not much of a Mopar fan, but that is truly one of my favorite dashboards. That and the C2 Vettes with the conical gauges.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

11BulletCatcher posted:

So my buddies got together and did a thing with a camera:

Did you get to take a peek under the hood of that "600HP" Camaro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

TWSS posted:

Are lightness and corrosion resistance the only advantages to a titanium exhaust setup?

It also shows off how much money you're willing to spend on a car.