Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Just call them. What are you waiting for if it's something you love and want to restore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Don't the RX-8's get like 14mpg or something hilariously bad for such a small amount of HP?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Yeah but you get to have to rev it to 9k also. And it’s got suicide doors. And it sounds like six swarms of angry bees.

There is no real downside.

You should try a GT4RS at 9k!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

There’s a couple in my local autocross group and I enjoy doing corner work immensely when they’re running.

My S2000 at 9k rpm is a totally different aural experience. These runs were only to about 7500 but it’s enough to get the picture.

https://youtu.be/Io0iEaP0Lhk?si=GyXKewgixeU-PodF

Very nice. There's definitely a mutual nod of respect & knowledge every time I see a S2000 when I'm out in the E92 M3.

The GT4RS is not at all what you'd call "quiet" at any revs since the entire engine is in the car with you, but when it gets to 8500ish it sounds like all the demons of hell have materialized in the backseat.

https://intertubes.net/gp/013024-angeles/gt4rs.html

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Nice color, good wagon.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I had a wheel repair spot that I've been using for probably 30 years but had never actually personally gone to the office. They did a great job on multiple different sets of wheels I used them for. Then I took a wheel there a couple years ago and without any prompting the owner starts telling me about Comet Pingpong pizza Hillary Clinton bullshit while I was standing there filling out the paperwork. That was the end of using them

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

priznat posted:

Nice maybe I will try the tuxmats. The oem rubber mats on the Volvo are not good.

That's too bad, the OG Volvo cars (240's, 740's) had the world's best floormats, your hypothetical idiot friend could theoretically drop and spill a practically full Big Gulp of refreshing soda and absolutely nothing happened once you stopped and took the mat out and dumped it.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Rusty posted:

Soft top ripped, so new top for the Miata. Not my work, a friend owns a shop and restores cars, so it was a donation from another car. The most stock and boring Miata possible, but still fun.

Hey that's basically identical to mine but I have the steel wheels. My original soft top is also near death (It's a '92 with 70k). I've driven mine exactly once with the roof up (it was raining) so the hard top isn't for me, but that looks pretty sharp. I've been debating whether to stick with the black top or get tan when I do replace the existing top, my paint is somewhat more faded from SoCal sun and it may get wrapped to British racing green if I do go with the tan top.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
It's time to establish a good relationship with a top tier body shop owner in your area, creating jobs & keeping your local bumper cover replacement economy thriving.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I don't see any Saltlife logos so probably not.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I have donated $75k worth of imaginary t-shirts and socks to imaginary Goodwill over the last decade, which is how I afford to run a "2008 BMW M3" thank YOU very much

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

I’m not a Nissan guy but I was offered this 06 G35 coupe 6MT at an insane price $300 from a friend who is moving away and can’t take it along.

It’s a one-owner Florida car and everything works other than the steering wheel radio controls, but we might just have to clean and blow them out, maybe play with them for a while to get them working again.

You need to go to a drift meet and immediately drift it into a light pole in front of all the 17 year olds there. $300 for this (or any functioning car) is pretty insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Had just about everyone outside at the same time today. The Volvo is barely visible past the Z4 and the RX-8 is in the detached garage.

Have you picked the architect you're having in to draw up the plans for the 12 car dual-height garage with twin 4 post lifts that you're putting in behind these existing red structures?

Personally I would suggest re-purposing the facades of the existing red shed/mini-garage to help keep that rustic country feel, and you'll be helping the environment by removing all that grass that needs mowing. 2 stroke engines are horrible for the environment and replacing every one we can with 12 to 15 sports cars is the only way we can confront the climate crisis.