Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

Graffiti posted:

coincidence that goons have lovely cars? i think not.
Someone's going to be getting a big old lump of coal in their stocking for shitposting.

My 2002 Kawasaki ZR-7S

My track bike, a 2002 Suzuki GSX-R 600. Power Rangers ahoy!

Not pictured: My 1974 Datsun 260Z project car. Someday soon appearing as a project thread.

Simkin fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 14, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Blooot posted:

:words:

For some reason, your images don't show up for me, but when I grabbed the source of them (from quoting you), they all seemed to work just fine. Is it that [timg] doesn't play nice with the forums, or am I the only one not seeing the pics?

Also, that's really cool to see that 944 passed on for so long like that. I kind of wish that my dad had kept cool cars when I was growing up, but :10bux: :(

Simkin
May 18, 2007

madgarbage posted:

RA28 Celica. Seam welded, 3TGTE conversion, front mount ic, haltech, ct15b off a late 1jzgte, 550 injectors, hilux brakes, disc conversion rear. 2way lsd, blah blah.

Oh god. More photos pleeeeeeasssseeeee..... :flashfap:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

porter posted:

Tell me more about your mid nineties Legacy wagon :v:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

snadsnad posted:

God dammit, beaten. I was gonna tell him to stop teasing us....

Porter, are you secretly building up a 1992 Subaru Legacy Turbo wagon for rallying? Have you swapped in a manual transmission yet? This is far more important than anything to do with shiny, happy exotics.

RALLY :black101:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Real Life posted:

1968 Porsche 912

Hate to admit it, but I like the Porsche more.

Why would you hate to admit that? It's a drat sight nicer to look at than the M3, even if it's not at all comparable, performance-wise.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Well, I just copped a 3 months suspension this morning, so it'll be going into the garage in a fortnight, and when it comes out in May it won't look much like this anymore.

Wheelieing past cops again? :v:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

drat. That's a little too fast to talk your way out of. I do know that temptation on early morning/late night rides, though. :3:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

So.... back to a 250 Ninja? :v:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Well, the problem's not in the product, it's an endemic thing. The companies don't market it well, don't price it competitively, and they are almost always distinct enough that people aren't naturally inclined to associate them with a particular brand/branding.

Look at the G8/GTO. Great car, sold well elsewhere, but here, it was plunked down beside apathetic badge jobs (G6), tired old workhorses (Grand Prix), and :vomit: (Aaaaaaaaaztek). If GM had, from the outset, gone completely batshit insane, and branded the GTO as a Chevy, and marketed it alonside the Corvette, I don't doubt that it would have sold better. You'd have had middle aged guys going in, looking for a midlife crisis car, and when they got the death stare from their wives, picked up something marginally more practical, while forgoing very little in terms of :awesome:

*shrug* It's all part and parcel of the same apathy that causes the big 3 to leave product rotting on the vine *cough* Focus *cough* rather than updating it to keep up with its direct competition.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

bleepstreet posted:

:downs:

Wait, are you talking about an on-ramp that actually is two lanes, or are you just breezing past people on the shoulder? :confused:

Also, those are some pretty terrible looking wheels, sorry. :(

DV: Why would you want the NA version of the 3S? I mean, it just seems somehow wrong to run that motor without at least a little boost.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

sigtrap posted:

Bye.

Thanks sigtrap. It's a shame he closed down his 'lookit mah rimmmz' thread so quickly, as that looked like it had some legs, but oh well.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

InitialDave posted:

I didn't get a chance to ask exactly what his wheels were forged from :(

Spectrographic analysis complete:
=================================
99.9% - CLASS (3-isopropylmethobenzoate)
0.05% - SPEED (beta-phenyl-isopropylamine)
0.04% - Chrome (Cr)
0.01% - undefined

vv It adds up, just pay attention to the decimal place :v:

Simkin fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 20, 2009

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Is the giant Buick billboard on the underside of the hood so that oncoming traffic will know to report to the cops which particular make of car is driving around with its hood up?

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Those are easily the wierdest goddamn Volvos in recent memory, and the one time I saw one on the street, I did a double take, as I had no bloody clue such a car even existed.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Nothing rice about that, although us here colonials in the new world might be jealous at you having an ST205, when Toyota stopped selling us the GT-4 before that model came out.

Also, watch your tables, owls like to do mean things to people who fail to read image posting guidlines.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Huh. Guess I was thrown a bit by the ST205 hood on the ST185. I've seen a couple of really nice buildups of GT-4s online, especially from that Finnish shop that rebuilds old rally cars. They're certainly not the nicest sounding car, though. :3:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

durty posted:

my 264

my 360

You and your crazy Volvos that were never sold in North America, so I never knew that they existed until the very moment that you just posted them... Next, you'll post that you own a Volvo motorcycle, or something equally odd.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

What a pretty NB coupe.

Wait, please don't hurt me. I really like the Mazzers that aren't the quattroporte, they seem like the grown up version of a Ferrari - you still like to go fast, but don't feel the need to grease your hair back and chase ladies at the club. Any videos of it? That V8 is a pretty tuneful piece of kit.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Grashnak posted:

:swoon:

I'm not jealous at all. :cry:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Nait Sirhc posted:

Goddamn. Every time you post that bike in CA, :awesome:

I think you need to post the photo of you in the :krad: 80s leathers that came with it, too.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

RY: We're not allowed to attempt humour, on the forums of a comedy website? I'm sure you've only handed out candy from the van on halloween, and there's only a few pairs of handcuffs in the back.

squozed posted:

Are they selling this poorly all over the States?

They're selling pretty poorly in Canada, and I don't imagine it's helped by GM's financial woes. I'm kind of sad that I wasn't able to sell my dad on picking up a brand new 08 (they still had some sitting on the lot two months ago). Not enough improvement from his 02 Elantra, or so he said. I think my mom just didn't want a three door hatch. :rolleyes:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Stupid poo poo you put in your car. :v:

Well, at least it's full size cargo van, and not an Aerostar. :gonk:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Ummm... you're trolling, right? Please?

Simkin
May 18, 2007

A lifted, immaculate truck, in the deep dark heart of suburbia, on rimmmmmmmmz? :suicide:

I guess when you need to get the kids to school safe, nothing else will do, right?

Simkin
May 18, 2007

^^ See? Those are cool trucks.

Really Anti-Square? Do we need a 'people that own lifted, chrome-ridden, bedazzled, unnecessary shitpile trucks need to get the gently caress out of AI' thread? I don't think there a witch hunt going on here, it's just that the majority of AI posters have some negative experience with the vast majority of people that drive such trucks. :raise:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

^^ preeeeeety. That blue looks good on it.

DILLIGAF posted:

95 LT1 MN6

05 883->1200 Sportster

I don't think I've ever been more confused by a car than with your Corvette. The first time I looked at that picture, it was pretty much the embodiment of :haawaaaafap:

That bike, on the other hand, is not so confusing to me. That's just straight out :black101: Any videos of it running?

sybir posted:

unnnnngh

That Legacy is just pure loving sex. I'd imagine you've put that hood scoop to actual good use, rather than just adornment? Also, seconding the :laugh: at the license plate.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

And who says that Toyota doesn't encourage recycling? :v:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

One day, Bloot. One day you will own a car with an actual name (instead of an alphanumeric soup). On that day, the skies will rain blood, dogs will lie down with cats, et cetera, et cetera...

That 510 is hot.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Huh. I would have figured the 951 for being a two-seater as well. Do you track any of them (you've probably posted this before, but it's hard to keep count of who does/doesn't)?

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Blooot posted:

racing everything with wheels on it

Ah, now I remember - you posted a thread about that 944 waaaay back, didn't you, about how your dad bought it as a Euro delivery, and you had a kickass travellogue.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

I don't care what stigma is attached to those cars, I still love the poo poo out of them. Especially on period correct aftermarket wheels.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

He's just jealous because he can't deliver tofu on USAF time. :cop:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Ha. That's a good way to start off in here. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simkin
May 18, 2007