Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Bloot, something seems up with your hosting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Let's be white NAs in the snow buddies:

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

xopher.white posted:

I wish we had more poo poo like this in the U.S.

then just pray GM can make it:
http://www.leftlanenews.com/pontiac-g8-st.html

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Link not coming out right?

The ST205 is awesome, but I think the ST185 and its popups looks way more 90s-modern.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

rear end in a top hat Bicycle posted:

Give me a laser cutter and some free time, and you get this:

These are aluminum Procomp wheels that I bought used. The finish was shot, so I painted them red. I added the circle of bolts, and made these caps. They are just pieces of plexiglas riveted together.

Did you have to road balance the wheels after adding the bolts? How deeply do they thread down?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

-Spiffy- posted:

Its AWD but with FWD bias from what I understand.

Hatebreed's has a software update that balances the bias out some. Apparently makes a nice difference.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

munchies posted:

e85 is a higher octane thus more boost thus more fuel needed to sustain added boost.

Yeah but conventionally returned fuel systems allow better fuel pressure and rate.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Baby Hitler posted:

edit: oh okay I guess the 350Z is returnless stock, changing to a return system is much better.

Depends on how much extra padding is left in the system. If the 350Z's has plenty of extra grunt to spare, then it might not be worth the time to convert. On SVT Focuses the stock pump and returnless system would start being erratic by 40 lbs/min, which will only give you around 250whp. Past that everybody upgrades to returned.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

nattrass posted:

The hood is standard believe it or not :)
Was it an alternate option or something, because the US ones all seem to have this one:

Though there's plenty of pics of your kind of hood online.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

Goddammit Toyota why did you have to go cheat and get banned.
:smith::fh:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Crustashio posted:

Is that the stock shifter? It's so much more badass than a regular leather booted shifter.

Yes, the S60R also has that.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Psylocibe posted:

Give me a city near you and I'll gladly scrounge on Craigslist and the Samba for you, finding cars is so much fun.

Agreed. I wonder if there'd be use for a thread where people posted CL cars that were good deals but they weren't ready for, etc.?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

RealKyleH posted:

Thats what they all say :rice:

500rwhp when my turbo is done.

Seriously Wamsutta, I wouldn't recommend supercharging it. It's way more worth your money to sell it stock and buying a better car. Unless you think you're gonna keep the car a long time, just grit your teeth and save your money.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Nice. Is that the stock GT hood?

My Neon ACR that I'm selling:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

If you think that wheel gap is bad, you shoulda seen it with the 14" stock wheels.

I like everything about the car except the terrible terrible interior design. Colors, fonts, layout, you name it, Dodge did not get it right.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

The coupes look a lot better though.

Yeah, it blows my mind that Chrysler oked the cost of having such different body work for the C-pillar.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

TurboLuvah posted:

What was the ACR package? Wasn't there an ACR Viper too?

The stiffest suspension with adjustable struts and camber, stronger hubs, higher final ratio, different front fascia with no fog lights (so maybe you could duct and cool your brakes?). e: forgot different swaybars, quicker steering ration, and the originals came without AC or radio.

There's a new ACR Viper, but I thought there was also an older ACR package as well.

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 29, 2009

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Seems like your first?: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032817&userid=79209

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Is that an STI built to Group N spec? I have no idea what those are, but I noticed the skid plate and figured it wasn't just for driving around.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

SmartPowders posted:

98 Twin Turbo GTS
76mm Turbo's
Striker Race Heads
Cage Certified to 8.50
20" HRE's w/Nitto Invo's
slotted and drilled rotors :smug:

:911: God I miss Greensboro. Do you know that guy whose yellow Lambo was wrecked by a mechanic joyriding? Now he's got a white replacement with the plate "WUZYELLO"

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Does this mean you resolved that poo poo your dealer put you through?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

sw0cb posted:

I wouldn't.

Hearing loss from noise while driving isn't fun. Randy Pobst is now a big proponent of ear protection after losing a lot of his hearing from driving. He loves his new Volvo S60R cuz the turbo muffles things so well.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Kindridx posted:

I get about 28MPG and have had 0 problems.
didn't you have some sort of idling issue?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Hatebreed posted:

lovely picture, more to come when I get around to it.

awesome. Are those the seats or some weird red crash dummies in the car?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

BITBY posted:

In reality, I have a deep-seated scorn for GM products.

meaning?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

MacGregor posted:

yeah thats the holden emblem. i have done almost the full holden monaro conversion. and about a month after buying the car back in 04 I removed the spoiler and had the holes welded up. all I have to do to finish the holden conversion is change the air bag.

were there any Monaros in LHD?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Noise Complaint posted:

It's a 1984 Mustang SVO (#236 of 4503 that year). It has 72k original miles, and it's had quite a bit of restoration work done to it.

very nice! Have you done anything with the motor?

e: I thought I remembered you were in Mass. Let me ride that car sometime!

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 23, 2009

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I've heard of a compressor bypass valve mod for safety. Have you found need for that?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

frankenbeans posted:

You really prefer a 4-door to a 2-door? Are you crazy?

Different strokes for different folks.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Ozmiander posted:

I don't know WHY we couldn't get a G8 ute.

Take G8 sales. Divide by normal:mullet factor.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Ozmiander posted:

But how much has "HURR, LOOK AT MUH HEMI" truck fagging grown since the 80s? I can't drive ten feet without having my zuk rammed off the road by a pimped out ram 1500.

And hence why no one wants a ute.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

If it gave me a $1000 discount on a ute, I'd do it. Wouldn't you? I'll wear the flannel for free.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Not Clutch posted:

Ford Focus RS.

It's a great car, but on the other end of this was a GT3 RS.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

ronaldrape posted:

The tire was fine with no bulging or anything. Anyone have any input on refurbished OEM wheels? The rim looked fine and its saving me quite a bit.

Different people will tell you different things. I've taken my aluminum winter wheels to this place to have serious (much worse than what you had) bends repaired:
http://rimandwheelworks.com/straighten.html
I don't really like the owners there, but the setup they have is very good. Note that they claim they can repair even magnesium wheels, which I find hard to believe. It was $100 a wheel for me and the balance with them now is fine. e: I don't believe it'll ever be as good or as strong as before, but I don't expect the wheel to spontaneously crack and destroy itself from normal driving over the rough roads of Boston.

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 18, 2010

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Wamsutta posted:

As of now I like it with the badge on, but my tastes change frequently so it may end up coming off. I kind of worry it would look too empty with nothing there. We'll see!

Looks decent. Did you get the car tuned yet?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

frozenphil posted:

and fell for the old "someone else is coming over to get it" line? Really?

Obviously it depends on the real desirability of the car but I've had several cars get snatched up before I could make a trip out to see it, even with prompt responses to the ads.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

frozenphil posted:

What are you in prison for and why do they let you have a car?

Maybe you've heard of this little thing called...the Death Race.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

destructo posted:

Why the gently caress do these tests never use the same tires on every car?

It's always the stock tires that ship with the car, right? It makes sense to some degree, that if you make a performance car, you're picking a tire to go along with it, and the car can be reviewed as such.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

destructo posted:

The only reason I can think of that makes this difficult is the variety in tire size/rim width that might make finding one tire to fit all the models tested. Maybe I'm being stupid here, but I'd much rather see the differences in the cars, not some arbitrary wear item.

I'd wager 50+% of enthusiasts buying performance cars run down their stock tires before getting new ones. If that's the case, then the tests done with stock tires do reflect those cars' performance for the first year or more of ownership.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Sockington posted:

My 03' Zetec has been perfect and gets amazing emissions. What up?

The DPFE sometimes goes haywire. Not everyone gets it but it's annoying to fix. There's a way to hook up the hoses to it spoof a good signal, and that's what some people do. I guess another way is to tune it out of the equation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

dissss posted:

I never really saw the point of the Monaro - take a big heavy sedan that comfortably seats five and turn it into a big heavy coupe that can seat four but is a massive pain in the butt to get in/out of.

You probably wouldn't have liked the last gen Camaro or Firebird then.