Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Current daily driver, a '97 Nissan Primera 2.0:

Then there's the various other cars which I do a bit on as and when I get the time.
My '89 E30 325i Touring:

'58 Standard Pennant:

'90 Fiat Panda 4x4 (I also have a red '87):

'02 Nissan Micra (Slightly melted):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

IOwnCalculus posted:

What do you mean regarding structural integrity? The wheels aren't rusty at all (nothing rusts in AZ). I know a rattlecan paintjob can come out well - I'm pretty sure the current paint on them is a rattlecan job my dad did when he bought the wheels in 1990 - but it doesn't hold up well to brake dust. I'm hoping that powder will resist brake dust stains better than spraypaint did...and even if it doesn't, well, I'm going for a dark gray anyway :)
Depending on how the powdercoating is done, the baking temperature could be higher than the heat treatment temperature of the aluminium alloy. You could overage the material, and maybe make it more brittle.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Hatebreed posted:

please god tell me that is a v10
If Biowedge bought fast food instead of cars, he'd be the ultimate :btroll:.

:j: "Would you like to go supersize on that?"
:c00l: "Yes. Yes I would."

Personally, I'm just having a little mental difficulty with the idea of a Q7 being driven by someone who actually knows how to, rather than a stereotypical trophy wife.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rhyno posted:

Ha ha, "one of these things is not like the others."

Fantastic cars man, you're an awesome part of AI.
Well, he's in Canada, in January. I'd DD my 4x4 over something low and fast too.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, I had a set of Brit plates made up for a Texan friend, don't know if he was allowed to use them or not though.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Simkin posted:

Thanks sigtrap. It's a shame he closed down his 'lookit mah rimmmz' thread so quickly, as that looked like it had some legs, but oh well.
I didn't get a chance to ask exactly what his wheels were forged from :(

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Lilbeefer posted:

Click here for the full 980x735 image.

The vehicle that I actually use to get to work (and to get extra irony points)
Singlespeed, yeah, but if that's fixed gear, it's not irony, it's masochism.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
If the rear camber is looking ok on a lowered E30, it's probably been done properly.

What's going on with the oil cooler grille and front fogs?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Lightbulb Out posted:

It doesn't have them. It's a 318, so no oil cooler.
Should still have blanking plates in there.

Edit: Ah, there we go.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
That looks really straight.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I meant straight as in it looks like it's not a shitheap, not as relating to :sissies:.

Always thought they were decent cars shafted by poor manufacturing decisions and an arsey workforce.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I did an entire car myself for £250.

It looked exactly as you'd expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0HX4a5P8eE