Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

angryhampster posted:

Got a new car for the lady!

The lady needed a new car as her POS Grand Am probably wasn't going to make it through the winter. Got an '08 Ford Focus SE 2D. No optional equipment, just a solid, reliable car that gets exceptional gas mileage. It looks like it's nearly new, but it has 89,000 miles. Considering the PO has not canceled his Sirius radio subscription yet, I am assuming he had a really long commute or was a traveling salesman or something. Either way, we're get free Sirius.

All in all, I really like this car. Comfy seats, factory aux input for the stereo (which is surprisingly good), and it's geared so that it feels very torquey. Also got 35mpg last night cruising 75mph on the interstate. The best part? Paid $7900.

Looks very clean but drat! 89k miles on a 2 year old car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

Brand new 2012 Ford Focus SEL. I got an incredibly deal on it and on my trade in.

-leather seats
-Ford Sync & Touch
-Sony Audio; 10 speakers and subwoofer
-rain sensing wipers
-Select Shift transmission (is like a paddle shifter but with buttons instead of paddles)
-Ambient lighting in the foot-wells, doors, and behind the door handles
-Remote start
-17 inch wheels
-Back up sensors

This is my first new car and it is awesome. Definitely is not like the focus of yesteryear!

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007
Parked behind a giant wiener while on vacation in Newport, RI last week.

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

mAlfunkti0n posted:

I finally get to post a new car (my Civic finally died).

2012 Ford Focus HB ... my favorite part .. 5 speed manual! I am really enjoying this car.

Congrats man!

I like the color. ;)

mine:

If you want to get ford OEM accessories for it cheap:

http://www.partscheap.com/2012-2013-Ford-Focus-Accessories-s/469.htm

I bought the engine cover, rear cargo mat, and have the mudflaps on order.

and you should definitely become a member of: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/

You should also invest in a Steeda rear sway bar. this thing makes a huge difference! http://www.steedafocus.com/parts/2012-ford-focus-rear-swaybar.html

You can also replace your rear engine mount with an OEM Mazdaspeed3 motormount. I did not really notice a difference with my DCT transmission, but others who have the MT say it really makes the car feel better.

Also, order a K&N air filter from amazon IMMEDIATELY. It makes the car breathe so much easier and quieter. The car already comes with a cone filter, the K&N is just superior in every way.

Supposedly the Steeda short throw shifter is a must have too.

Some Guy From NY fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 12, 2012

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

Geoj posted:

Honestly the only reason to register on FocusFanatics or FocalJet is to access the buy/sell/trade forums. Posting on either on a regular basis is a soul-sucking experience (so many boy racers asking how to make their third or fourth hand MkI Focus faster on a $150 budget.) FF in particular is poorly moderated - I left after being threatened with a ban because I told someone that the trip computer in his car was optimistically estimating his fuel economy and FJ is overrun by a bunch of douchebags who answer most questions with "lol check the FAQ n00b."

That said FF has a fairly large how-to section (which doesn't require membership), although 99% of it is going to be for C170 based Focuses for a while still until the MkIIIs become more widespread and people actually start doing things to them.

I will give you that a lot of the guys do say SEARCH THREAD HISTORY LOL but for the most part they are very knowledgeable. I had a pretty big issue with my focus, and being a member I was able to talk directly with a ford customer service rep who lurks on the site. Explaining my situation with him lead to me getting a 3 year FREE basic maintenance plan! Not to mention there are 3rd party vendors who lurk the site and will give you discount on parts if you talk with them (specifically Steeda)

quote:

Wow people with Focuses consider the OEM speed3 mount an upgrade? That thing is a sloppy mess and is usually the first part to be removed from a MS3. I yanked mine at like 5k miles. Maybe it's worse with the increased power output, but I still find it hard to believe anyone wants those.

The Focus mount is even WORSE.

Guys have also swapped the stock RMM with a Streetunit mount too. However a lot of the guys do not like the added vibration which the OEM MS3 mount avoids.

I still suggest signing up if not, definitely lurk. It is easy to spot the boy racers and even easier to avoid them.

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

djhaloeight posted:

Well, I traded in my '02 300M Special last week. Had it 7 years, put just about 100k on it. (got it with 57k) Good car, but was starting to nickle and dime me to death. (radiator, trans mount, starter, a/c was on its way out, etc)

I got this:

For a drat good deal. 2011 Crown Vic LX, 15k miles. Cream leather interior. Still smells new. I've always loved Panther cars. I would have much rather had a Marauder but they're hard to find low mileage and cheap. I also wanted the newest lowest mileage one I could find...this CV popped up on Cars.com not too far from where I live, and the price was right. I love how it rides...very smooth.

Both of those cars are CLEAN.

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

Bob A Feet posted:

235's I think. It's a good thing that after I washed it yesterday I took pics, because its POURING loving RAIN NOW. :argh:

And the hood gap bothered me at first, but as it turns out they all have it. I don't know whether that makes it bad or good but it bothers me a lot less.

I have a 2012 focus and you can adjust the hood gap.

Twist those "knobs" that I circled and keep shutting the hood to see if you are making corrections.

I would try to adjust the one on the driver's side first obviously.

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

Maldoror posted:

Just picked up this certified pre-owned Cadillac 2008 DTS Platinum back in January. It replaces my previous 2004 SLS (also bought certified pre-owned).

I went nuts and bought Kinesis K108 custom wheels for it. Yes, I know they're crazy expensive. Yes, I know Kinesis was bought by Lexani several years ago and a lot of enthusiasts don't feel Kinesis is worth buying now. I just don't care. :smug:

For the tires I went with the Bridgestone Potenza RE97 A/S, the tires made for the 2013 XTS, since they just were released on the general market in January 2013.

I bought the wheels and tires with pressure sensors from CarID in January, and received them in late February. I had Discount Tire put them on for me, for which they charged me $20.

Inner Lip: Black
Outer Lip: Gloss Black
Face: Machined
Window: Gloss Black
Bolts: Black
Register: Gloss Black
Register Studs: Black
Pinstripe: Machined (cost an extra $200 per wheel for a "real" machined pinstripe, as opposed to painted)

I put a coat of Klasse All in One and Sealer Glaze on each wheel... hope it helps.

I also installed the aftermarket AlphaTherm heated washer fluid unit on it, since the original unit was recalled.

The new wheels cost almost a third of what the car is worth. But I'm extremely happy with them. I kept the original tires, so I can move these wheels to another car later... I hope to keep them a long time. It still cost a lot less than getting the new XTS. I wasn't impressed with the XTS touch controls (very cumbersome to use), smaller size, and downgraded engine.

Your car is awesome.
The wheels are awesome.
You are awesome.

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

Darko posted:

As I posted in the "bad pic" thread, I actually got this car a month ago, but someone stole her the next day while I was out to eat, took the wheels, and caused 20k in damage from pushing it down the street, stuffing it, and not even putting it on blocks when taking the wheels.

The outside of the car had to basically be hand put back together with some underside work as well, it took a little more than a month (with me driving a rented Volkswagon Passat in the meantime), and I gave it the detailed look-through today. The dealer's shop did an excellent job overall, with all OEM parts that I can find. Looks like nothing ever happened, really. i took a bunch of pics for reference, and I'll share a few of the "normal" shots here:

20k in damage and they didn't total the car? wow.

Looks great though.

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

Suburban Dad posted:

The 80s can keep their red interiors. :colbert:

I have to ask, how does it feel to be so wrong?

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

chrisgt posted:

I just bought one of these (i think). Wife needed a new car so I went to the car store and came home with a red CX-30. I think it's kind of abysmal and the transmission makes me swear, but she loves the poo poo out of it and that's all that matters.

Why don't you like the CX-30? It has received a lot of great reviews and some reviewers even like the turbo version more than the equivalent CX5 turbo version.

I might be looking to replace my 2014 Grand Touring CX5 in a few years and was considering "downsizing" to the CX30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

bij posted:

Picked it up on Thursday

I've never cared for audi but this is giving me the feels. looks great!