Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
95 200SX SE-R

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

It's not pretty, but it runs pretty good. I/H/E, springs/struts. Owner that doesn't drive it enough. Not shown: Rust, awful paint, and front end damage.

2006 BMW F650

Click here for the full 1632x1224 image.

70mpg of fury! Currently 40 miles away in hibernation :(

Not pictured: Wife's 99 Cavalier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Joined the stable. Was going to resurrect the winter beater thread but thought against it. Not too bad of shape for a '91, though I did find some pretty bad rust at the back of the cab last night that someone tried to fix and failed. Who knows if it will pass inspection in July. It's nice to have a truck, though :3:

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
The internet amazes me, I post my $1300 beater truck that I'm in love with and 20 posts later porter posts cars he's owned this year that (combined) are worth more than I'll make in my lifetime. Not a complaint, merely an observation.

Craziness aside, porter you should do an ask/tell thread about the nuances of exotic ownership, from what the buying process is like to driving something worth more than most peoples homes, using the drivethru with your fancy lambo/slr doors, etc.

I agree with thwartedefforts, your house looks amazing. Has there ever been a post your house/apartment/mom's basement thread on the forums?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Overpriced Balloons posted:

My '95 Volvo 850 Turbo outside my mechanic's shop. This thing has about 180k on it and still looks new:

Gorgeous! My old roomate has an '02 C70 with the same wheels (and porsche brakes :ssh:).

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

omgitstheinternet posted:

What kind of car is that? Oh right, the obligatory roofracks. Must be a VW. Yakima 24/7 baby!

Not trying to poo poo all over the car, it's nice looking, but god modded VWs are so cookie cutter (slammed, 10" wide wheels with 195 series tire, roof rack).

I'm just jealous because I own lovely cars :)

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

sybir posted:

My two toys.

Sick JDM euro tuning, breh.

Sorry, just can't help myself when I see "Yakima".

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Contraband posted:

Yakima isn't Japanese but American, breh, nice attempt at trolling though

:bravo:

JDM - because they're subarus
Euro tuning - because they're slammed and have roof racks - just like the any VW I see

It wasn't trolling, it was more a joke about identity-crisis tuning. But I forgot, internet = serious business, and all.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Sweet jesus. I'd like to see the rest of your garage, too.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

stikfiga posted:

I got some new hub caps for the Scorpion:

Speed and class.

Nice sleeper, what are the details? I don't know a ton about the different honda engine combos but I know it wouldn't take much to make that a screamer. Also keep that thing if you want to run Autox.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

PLaSMaN posted:

My 1987 Mullet-mobile, a pristine Tuned Port manual Iroc-Z. Much better than my 86 160hp autobucket. Lots of fun, lots of looks cause there are not that many left unrusted around here. Only had to change tires and fix a fan problem, even came with the original 305 (Still a 305).

Damnit I love hillbilly camaros.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Toucan Sam posted:

Get those wheels cleaned up and painted a fresh sliver, mmmm that's a good looking car :)

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I've had it for a while, but I finally just did the title transfer yesterday so it's official. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash, 4.0l, 5-spd, 130k.

Pretty good shape overall, I replaced the MAF and now I think I need to do the O2 sensors, and the automatic hubs need replaced (going manual ones for sure), but otherwise it's a nice truck.

And what's having a truck without using it for truck stuff? I went to sears shortly after the title transfer and bought a new canopy for our rear deck (Currently on sale at Sears for $374.99 if anyone is looking)

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Sir Nigel posted:

Was the 'Splash' edition of the Ranger just cosmetic? Wiki says the splash was just chrome wheels, flare sides and a possibly lowered stance. Was it more? I'm just curious, I've never seen a Splash Ranger or heard of them.

They were the trucks used on baywatch :eng101: That's all you need to know.

But no, I'm guessing it's pretty much a cosmetic package. I loved them when they first came out, so I'm happy to finally get one :)

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

'91, 122k, 5spd

Just got it tonight! It's everything I hoped it would be. Looks better in the picture than it really is. Paint is new, but hardly perfect (or even good in some places). Then again, it looks better than anything else I own.

Needs a top very soon, though :( Not looking forward to that process, especially since this is our official DD at the end of the month.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

dk2m posted:

My jaws hurt from grinning so much

I just got to ride in one of these two weekends ago, it was a nice experience :)

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Take your arguing elsewhere, you gaybabyfaces.

For content, here are some camera phone pictures that actually turned out really well.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Imperador do Brasil posted:

It was an automatic SHO. It left my wife sitting in a parking lot about every week, and this was just after my first son was born, so she would have to walk home from the grocery store (about 1/2 mile) with a baby and groceries in tow, or wait in the store till I got back from work, etc. Then the transmission (stupid Ford AXOD) started going out and would clunk every time you put it in gear. Also - while accelerating, no matter how gently, the shift to second gear resulted in screeches and tire smoke and violent shaking. We couldn't get the A/C or half the windows to work even after trying some replacement parts and attempting to diagnose underlying issues. Basically, it was the first "family" car we bought in anticipation of our first child, and pretty much everything was wrong with it.

Was that the V8 egg-like SHO? I heard they were transmission eating machines, and were then like $8k to replace when they did poo poo.

I don't think the original SHOs were even offered in automatic, is why I was asking.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

KuruMonkey posted:

Clarskson calls the Boxster the Coxster because its funny.

Surely you can't be the only one to realize that Clarkson is a professional troll? Take anything he says with a grain of salt, people.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

An 800 Pound Dog posted:

Thought about the tranny a long time before buying. My commute is pretty much through the heart of Houston traffic, and I've had sticks in the past doing that drive but the whole act of driving just got old in a hurry. Faced with committing to a daily driver for the foreseeable future...I bitched out. The auto has a paddle shift mode, but without a clutch it's not the same.

This of course leaves totally open the possibility of a weekend stick in the future, or if I find another less commute-y job I could leverage the Camaro's good resale value and change.

I have two joke responses in reply to your post, which I will demonstrate below:

1. [Look at your avatar] I am dissapoint.

In the chance that a lame meme is not allowed in here:

2. Can't you find a hairdresser job with less of drive through traffic?

e: To make this more of a joke post I drive a miata and I called you a hairdresser

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Obviously I was completely serious about ragging on his new camaro which I generally find to be nice cars regardless of powertrain.

Lighten up gaylords, it's Friday.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Scabrous Teat posted:

It is a soft top away from being a hairdresser's car though.

Relevant since I'm making GBS threads up the thread today:

I will admit, I cut my own hair.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Just bought this for the wife

2001, 115k, 5spd, pretty much zero options other than cruise, pw, and AC. Drives well and thanks to the hilariously skinny tires we got 40mpg on our first tank :black101:

Hardly perfect, has a lot of dings, one of the headlights is cloudy (not sure if it will polish or if it's on the inside), the headliner in the back is sagging, and the driver side rear window doesn't work. Other than that it's pretty clean.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

A lazy shot of the cars. I mean REALLY lazy. I didn't even uncover the Shelby...

Holy crap somehow I didn't know you had a GT500 and other such fast cars. I think I need to drop by in 6 months when it's nice out again. Dibs on a GT500 ride!

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

You in central PA? Feel free to drop me a line whenever. It's supposed to be decent weather this week. I've driven the Shelby twice this week already - an anomaly!

Yea I think we e-mailed a long while back, you're in Milton, correct?

Our son just turned 2 months today so you can imagine that's been limiting eliminating any spare/fun time I've had lately.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
That impala is pretty much the most perfect boulevard cruiser type car I've ever seen. Gorgeous, convertible, plenty of power, and still manual

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

turnerburna posted:

Beautiful, I think they're the best looking new muscle car our of the Mustang and Camaro.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Just bought an old-man driving appliance, '99 Avalon with 154k. Runs great, needs new struts and non-chinese tires.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

WickedClawesome posted:

I love it. The lack of power hasn't been an issue for me yet, but that's probably because I was driving a civic for the past 6 years. This was also the first manual transmission car i've ever owned, so that took a while to get used to. But in the limited amount of spirited driving I have done on back roads, it is an absolute blast to drive. So far I couldn't be any happier with the car.

This cracks me up, I too am used to aenimic 4 cyl vehicles and find them perfectly fine to drive (miata, civic, cavalier). Then I bought the Avalon a few posts up and it feels like a rocketship and it has a whopping 200hp.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Faceless Clock posted:

Nice! I like the look of these a lot, they remind me of baby X3s or something.

iamtheliquor: Just lay off the teenage "sweet broseph highway kill stories brah" and you'll be fine.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

A better picture of my new-to-me STi, with bonus toddler and Shelby in the background.

Was wondering what you were going to end up with. You've gotta have the most HP/car stable on AI, I'm thinking.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Xpost from the miata thread. I might not have this much longer but I spent a lot of time cleaning it up today and got some good pics for the craigslist ad.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

opengl128 posted:

Nice looking car, but why does the paint always appear to mismatch on the front bumpers?

Not sure if its just lighting or different angles of the panels or what, does not look like that in person.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Zuiko-Digital posted:

Here's some photos I took while I made a kijiji ad for it :(

Sup(ra)er clean Supra! Is the paint faded? It almost looks like it in a few pictures. For more flattering pictures take some on a cloudy day or at dusk!

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

I fixed up a Toyota Yaris because I am stupid. At least it averages 36 mpg!

I get constant poo poo about the Honda wheels. They've been on my last three cars (all Hondas) and I don't care.

Think it looks great. Why not just plastidip the centercaps or something, if it looks that bad just peel it off? :)

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

This is a loving suave interior. God drat.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Haven't burned through a tank of gas yet, but the readout in the dash is saying 25ish so far. No worse than my STi when I drove like a granny, and I can thrash this and still get that economy.

Still have the still then? I always liked the tsxs.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Sadi posted:

We did the turbo on my dads WRX at about that mileage. I honestly think it was more oil getting into the intake due to him slightly (sometimes a little more than slightly) overfilling the oil. Used WRX turbos are cheap though.

Yea make sure the oil isn't overfilled, my friend has an STI that he tracks and autoxes and he had a scare earlier this year about it smoking at startup. Sure enough he had a half quart extra in there and it's been fine since.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Oh man did not expect that :-/

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

thealphabetsez posted:

How is the used market out east? Here in the northwest, it's cheaper to buy them new, than even a model 2-3 years old. They really are great trucks.

Here in PA it's about the same in the used market. I love the tacos but you can get a comparable fullsize truck for significantly cheaper. Bigger, more power, slightly less MPG for less money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Ugh...I am perpetuating an AI stereotype. 1990 MX-5 Miata. All stock, owner by an older guy and his dad before him. 89k miles.

Nice, I saw that on CL, looked pretty mint :)